Mission 780SE Speakers – What Amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I've just salvaged some old Mission 780SE speakers from my loft. These were purchased in 1995 with a Kenwood KA3020 amp, which no longer works. I was thinking of buying a new amp to go with the bi-wired Missions, possibly to run an iPod through with decent interconnects. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should go for? Is the CA Azur 640A worthwhile, or should I go for something cheaper or second-hand?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
tom66 said:
Hi, I've just salvaged some old Mission 780SE speakers from my loft. These were purchased in 1995 with a Kenwood KA3020 amp, which no longer works. I was thinking of buying a new amp to go with the bi-wired Missions, possibly to run an iPod through with decent interconnects. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should go for? Is the CA Azur 640A worthwhile, or should I go for something cheaper or second-hand?

I had the exact same setup. Marantz cd player per chance? :p

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I have just set the Missions up in a small front room ( yesterday) Running with an old A/R Cambdidge A60 at the moment and sounds great. Really good in the mid band.I wonder whether it may be a touch harsh and bright with the Cambridge though what about the Marantz 6003 available for about £200?
Best wishes
Paul

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Great speakers IMO. Had mine with a Pioneer A-400 and were a great match.

A cause of some regret but very stupidly I sold them on a bit of a whim to a friend. As I remember they paired up very well with my Marantz and really wish I'd kept them.

T

the record spot

Nice speakers which will benefit from something better than merely "good". Forget cheap, unless you happen to land a bit of a winner for a bargain price. Get a good amp and hear what these speakers can really do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts