Missing my NAD 545

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

My NAD 545 broke down after 5 months and I replaced it with a Marantz CD6003. Still not happy the NAD is leagues ahead in sound quality and sound natural and clear, the Marantz has a metalic treble sound and does not sound as clear as my old Dennon CD315 and sounds muddled compared to the Nad. But on a positive the Marantz has good features usb and has a very solid build. I want another NAD 545.

Thanks for your time.

matthewpiano

The NAD is brilliant. Buy another one from Richer Sounds and take out their 5 year warranty. That is what I have done. That way I'm guaranteed the sound I love so much for the next 5 years even if it breaks down a couple of times in that period.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I'm also a big fan of Marantz cdplayers. I heard the NAD C515 and C545 players but I thought they sounded dull in most systems. The reliability factor is also a big issue for me. If you read the forums on the internet there are so many messages about problems with NAD players. NAD should really do something about this.

I've had my marantz CD6002 for two years now. No problems at all.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
GTncj,

It's all about system synergy and it sounds like the 545 had it. Go get another one. They are cheap enough (relatively speaking), that if it does break, it's not the end of the world. Plus NAD does honor their warranty. It's a fantastic player for the money. I've not heard anything near the price that sounds as good to me.

A

Anonymous

Just got a new one today if it breakdown I will use the 2 year warranty and after 2 years buy one with a 5 year warranty if they still make them. The sound quality to me is premeirship while others in the same class are sunday league. The funny thing is this one seems to be more solidly built than the first one I had. WHFSV check this statement out for yourself the back where the phono goes seems more solid, But saying that it may not be anymore reliable than the first one I had. IMO and HIFI is all about opinons, Is that the marantz only beats it because of the usb not sound quality. As you say in your magazine its not about extra features it about sound. If you need an ipod dock buy an apple one for £35.

Best Regards no offence meant Gtncj.

T

the record spot

Yes, I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to write off Marantz kit. It's open, detailed and clear and sometimes that takes careful matching. Partner it well and Marantz gear can be incredibly rewarding. Speaking from experience here with my current player and it's deeply impressive abilities when partnered with an excellent amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts