mines o.k for length but not that wide!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
pioneer pdp 436sxe,virgin media v+ box,playstation 3,toshiba sd-360e,old sony5.1 theatre system.

Hi all,Obviously i am talking room size here as i am ok in all other departments!
emotion-5.gif
Any ways,soon i will be upgrading the amp/speakers in my setup for the purpose of musicmovies,my question is whether to go for traditional or style speakers,i have more or less decided on the onkyo605 or 705 but what speakers?My room is 8.5 metres long and 3.5 metres wide,listening position is bang in the middle of the room,the t.v is one end in the bay window,at the moment i watch more movies than listen to music but only coz i hav'nt got a decent stereo,are there any style speaker packages that do real justice to music(will also be buying a c.d player)or should i go for traditional?Looking at monitor audio br5 5.1,tannoy mercury custom f1,wharfedale diamond 9.1,would these speakers be too big and booming for my room,help me make a start someone before er indoors changes her mind!

A

Anonymous

"all by myself........don't wanna be......all by myself...anymore....

A

Anonymous

c'mon,one word will do it,traditional or style! how big are your rooms and what do you have?what size is an"on the large side"room? does height of room count? mines tall.

A

Anonymous

doo,do do do do,bom...doo,do do do do,bom....you've abandoned me.....love don'nt live here...anymore......dooo,doo,do,etc..etc..etc.......

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Traditional would be the way for me with a room of that size. There are lots of good choices out there with the likes of the Dali ikon or something like I have the KEF IQ9 package which you can get in a full 7.1 package deal saving a good few quid on the RRP.
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks krime,was begining to feel a bit unloved there for a minute,have seen the photo of yours(very nice) and by the looks of it traditional is the way to go,was just curious as to what a "large" room was,have probably been looking at too many adverts where the room is the size of my entire ground level,we are end terrace too so no probs with neighbours!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
My room is 3.5m wide by 4m so I would consider your room as quite big. I too dont have to worry about the neighbours as we live in a semi and the old bloke next door is as deaf as a post lol.

A

Anonymous

well turn it up then!will probably choose between iq5se's and ma br5's(5.1 options)due to financial and height restrictions(wife and two kids):)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts