Mid tier headphone comparison

Hey guys, just looking for recommendation for headphones and new here in general. Didn't find any comparison of the following 4 headphones so thought I'd ask directly: 1. B&O H6 2nd Gen2. B&W P73. Beyerdynamic T5P4. Beyerdynamic T70P I plan to use these directly without an amp with a Samsung S7. I currently own the V Moda M-100 and use them unamped too (and generally pretty happy with the sound, but do realize better options exist). I generally prefer a warmer, livelier sound as opposed a neutral sensheisser studio kind sound. The kind of music I listen to varies from trip hop (massive attack), alternative (radiohead), industrial / rock (nine inch nails) to classical. Realize that T5P are much more expensive than the rest but if they're worth the extra cost, I'm definitely open to shelling out more. Also if someone had any other options in mind besides these 4, would appreciate those too. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Karan Malhotra said:
Hey guys, just looking for recommendation for headphones and new here in general. Didn't find any comparison of the following 4 headphones so thought I'd ask directly: 1. B&O H6 2nd Gen 2. B&W P7 3. Beyerdynamic T5P 4. Beyerdynamic T70P I plan to use these directly without an amp with a Samsung S7. I currently own the V Moda M-100 and use them unamped too (and generally pretty happy with the sound, but do realize better options exist). I generally prefer a warmer, livelier sound as opposed a neutral sensheisser studio kind sound. The kind of music I listen to varies from trip hop (massive attack), alternative (radiohead), industrial / rock (nine inch nails) to classical. Realize that T5P are much more expensive than the rest but if they're worth the extra cost, I'm definitely open to shelling out more. Also if someone had any other options in mind besides these 4, would appreciate those too. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

The M100 has a heavy bass. The P7 is light compared to that, and darker in the treble also. The T70p has a very boosted mids that give it a weird sound. The H6 is a good all-arounder, but different from the P7 in tonality. I'haven't heard the T5p - the next edition should be better. I had the T1 that's a cousin of the T5p - very bright and peaky.

dalethorn said:
Karan Malhotra said:
Hey guys, just looking for recommendation for headphones and new here in general. Didn't find any comparison of the following 4 headphones so thought I'd ask directly: 1. B&O H6 2nd Gen 2. B&W P7 3. Beyerdynamic T5P 4. Beyerdynamic T70P I plan to use these directly without an amp with a Samsung S7. I currently own the V Moda M-100 and use them unamped too (and generally pretty happy with the sound, but do realize better options exist). I generally prefer a warmer, livelier sound as opposed a neutral sensheisser studio kind sound. The kind of music I listen to varies from trip hop (massive attack), alternative (radiohead), industrial / rock (nine inch nails) to classical. Realize that T5P are much more expensive than the rest but if they're worth the extra cost, I'm definitely open to shelling out more. Also if someone had any other options in mind besides these 4, would appreciate those too. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

The M100 has a heavy bass. The P7 is light compared to that, and darker in the treble also. The T70p has a very boosted mids that give it a weird sound. The H6 is a good all-arounder, but different from the P7 in tonality. I'haven't heard the T5p - the next edition should be better. I had the T1 that's a cousin of the T5p - very bright and peaky.

Thanks. Do you think the bass on the T5Ps would be lacking compared to the M100, both unamped? I was also considering AKT5P if you've tried them before. Read reviews that they're the bassier / livlier version of the T5P and apparently can be driven okay just via a portable source such as a smartphone.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Karan Malhotra said:
dalethorn said:
Karan Malhotra said:

Thanks. Do you think the bass on the T5Ps would be lacking compared to the M100, both unamped? I was also considering AKT5P if you've tried them before. Read reviews that they're the bassier / livlier version of the T5P and apparently can be driven okay just via a portable source such as a smartphone.

Sometimes Beyer will update a model like the T5p to have a stronger bass, but it will still be very light compared to the M100. The M100 is almost unique in having a very strong bass that's not muddy or boomy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts