MDC BluOS 2i module vs Bluesound NODE 2i

Bromiley

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I've just had a demo of the NAD 368 Amp with Dali Opticon 6 speakers and loved the combination.

The NAD 368 Amp didn't have the MDC BluOS 2i module installed, so the music streaming source was the NODE 2i.

Given that the module and NODE 2i are about the same price, I was wondering which option is better. I'm not sure if having the module built in will result any better sound quality.

Hawkmoon

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
What DAC does the NAD 368 have? Does the module have a DAC or use one in the amp? I do quite like the Burr Brown DAC in the 2i - it has a very detailed and ever so slightly warm presentation - a bit less clinical than ESS Sabre based DACs. The 2i allows you to output digital to an outboard DAC - would the NAD solution allow that?

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I've just had a demo of the NAD 368 Amp with Dali Opticon 6 speakers and loved the combination.

The NAD 368 Amp didn't have the MDC BluOS 2i module installed, so the music streaming source was the NODE 2i.

Given that the module and NODE 2i are about the same price, I was wondering which option is better. I'm not sure if having the module built in will result any better sound quality.

The MDC card will be a neater solution although the node is a nice unit. If you change your mind it would be easier to sell the node. If you go to the seven oaks website they have exdemo MDC cards for £225 the old version so no airplay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts