McIntosh MHA200

Friesiansam

This looks interesting, based on the review could be good for the music I listen to most often. Pity I'm not great with money and highly unlikely to save enough, without thinking of something else to spend on first.

On the other hand, it would need a standalone DAC, good enough to do it justice and, if I ever have enough money, there is a Pathos InPol Ear out there somewhere with my name on it, waiting to replace my Converto...

Last edited:

asus3008

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
It's a very nice review Unfortunately this is one of the few tubes amplifier that's not worthing $500 but the $2700 asked price. Many people feel sorry for purchasing this one. Forums are full of comments about how lush and how much it lakes details. Possibly to worm for today standards 🤔? How What HI-Fi? Managed to evaluate it and what setups been used for the evaluation we don't know, but i had once the chance to tray it with the Final Audio D8000 Pro. It sounded so - so to me. As good as any tube at around $400 ‐ $600 with excelent tubes. Of course preference are a different thing but still 5 stars for this one is like saying is the best tube amp for headphones in the world world. I simply can't understand what McIntosh was trying to do when they've tested it. Is one of in existence. But even companies like McIntosh have products that are nowhere near the competition. In AB comparation loses by a huge margin due to much warmth and little details. I've been reading so many comments on forums about it till the point where i won't recommend it to anyone else, exemption may be made 😅 What Hi Fi? how did you get the final conclusion that this is a 5 star amp? Is literally a very 2 3 stars tube amp and over priced.

Friesiansam

It's a very nice review Unfortunately this is one of the few tubes amplifier that's not worthing $500 but the $2700 asked price. Many people feel sorry for purchasing this one. Forums are full of comments about how lush and how much it lakes details. Possibly to worm for today standards 🤔? How What HI-Fi? Managed to evaluate it and what setups been used for the evaluation we don't know, but i had once the chance to tray it with the Final Audio D8000 Pro. It sounded so - so to me. As good as any tube at around $400 ‐ $600 with excelent tubes. Of course preference are a different thing but still 5 stars for this one is like saying is the best tube amp for headphones in the world world. I simply can't understand what McIntosh was trying to do when they've tested it. Is one of in existence. But even companies like McIntosh have products that are nowhere near the competition. In AB comparation loses by a huge margin due to much warmth and little details. I've been reading so many comments on forums about it till the point where i won't recommend it to anyone else, exemption may be made 😅 What Hi Fi? how did you get the final conclusion that this is a 5 star amp? Is literally a very 2 3 stars tube amp and over priced.
There are other good reviews, not everyone shares your point of view. Your post reads like something from a person who has an axe to grind.

asus3008

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
There are other good reviews, not everyone shares your point of view. Your post reads like something from a person who has an axe to grind.
Yes, it's probably true. Still for the price and all most likely not even one person really recommended this amp anywhere on all the forums or personal reviews. Interesting is the fact that many "Pro" reviews are recommending it. I'm gonna have to give it a try again. Maybe is something alse that doesn't make sense here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts