[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Cambridge 640p - bargain..........

Next worthwhile step up is a Dino, in my experience.[/quote]

JD, I know you highly recommend the Cambridge 640P. Would it give me a serious upgrade on my in-built phono stage? I have the A65 +

John Duncan

I think so, yes. Arcam do some of the best built-in phono stages, undoubtedly, but the Cambridge is class A, dual mono, low noise, MM/MC, cool blue light - the works.
emotion-2.gif

It's the best component I have, performance/price-wise, but it will depend on your table - you wouldn't hear much difference with a Debut and an OM5, for example, but I wouldn't be getting worried about it holding things back until I have my Gyro/Kontrapunkt B combo..........

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]I think so, yes. Arcam do some of the best built-in phono stages, undoubtedly, but the Cambridge is class A, dual mono, low noise, MM/MC, cool blue light - the works.
emotion-2.gif

It's the best component I have, performance/price-wise, but it will depend on your table - you wouldn't hear much difference with a Debut and an OM5, for example, but I wouldn't be getting worried about it holding things back until I have my Gyro/Kontrapunkt B combo..........[/quote]

Yeah, fair enough. My table is project Xpression 1 with a Clearaudio Classic Wood Cartridge.

John Duncan

Which deserves a separate phono stage, right enough - though I suppose the question then is whether the A65+ is transparent enough to show the difference, and on that front gpi might be right......

You could borrow one or buy one for 40 quid off ebay, cos you'll get that back if it doesn't make any difference
emotion-1.gif

As I will be upgrading the amp at some point, it seems worth investing in one anyway. And I've found spare set of interconnects, Cambridge Studio Ref, that I bought from Richer a good few moons ago.

I can't smile, because the icons have legged it! : - )

My five year old daughter started using the word a few weeks ago. I subsequently asked the teachers and they said that most of the little'uns were saying it.

I turned up a page in the dictionary & nothing listed. Eventually found it on google & it means "something to be admired, good or attractive" so on and so forth.

I've just realized I'm almost a centurian.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts