@matthewpiano & others: Amp to suit Dali Lektor 2 & Rega RP3??

Nicky-Distance

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I actually found the Brio R a bit disappointing when I auditioned it with RS1 - RS3 - RS5 and KEF LS50. I could try it again I guess. Did you own the Lektor's before your sig?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Fair do then forget the Brio R then, however what's your budget the more you can spend the better - heard the new Nait 5i is a cracker but you would need a phono

Nicky-Distance

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
There's no particular budget, the cheaper the better, but I more importantly I want this to sound special. Also, I am not going to upgrade this system at any point.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The Pioneer range would be my pick as I already own the A30. Maybe not for you if you like your music loud! I might think about NAD or Denon as well. my Lektor 2s sounded great with my Denon PMA 250SE. Why not go for the new Zensor 3 speakers as they are practicaly the same price, newer and have better specs. Only downside I can see is that the Zensor 3's are not so easy to wall-mount unlike the Lektor 2s and zensor 3s are rear ported so could be more boomy in a small room or placed in a corner, for example and you need stands, no question. The Lektor 2's need plenty of running in before they sound their best and I like the nicely sized cabinets which also work well on shelves as well as stands (so possibly more flexible).

I don't know how good the turntable input is on Pioneer A30 as I have no record player. Also NADs and Cambridge audios don't usually have them so you need to get a Phono amp, if you don't already have one.

Nicky-Distance

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
This would be for very nearfield listening. I have just built a fully soundproofed yet tiny listening booth in my record shop. The listener would be about 1.5 metres way and the speakers would be about 1 meter apart. The volume would be kept low to medium at all times and the listener will not have access to the amp. The Lektor 2's will have to be wall-mounted.

There's every genre in the shop so it'll be varied. I'm looking for more of a musical sound than analytical, which is a characteristic that I've read of the Lektor 2's. I'm going to audition the RP3 and the Lektor 2's together next week and it'd be great if I can find a good assortment of amps to check out.

Nicky-Distance

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be able to listen to them with Denon but I'm not so sure about Pioneer, I'll have to check.

One option is using my Arcam FMJ A19 in the booth with the RP3 and the Lektor 2's, and then upgrading to an an Elicit-R for myself at home, which will require more money than I probably have at the moment.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Had my Elicit a while now - I love it nice open and transparent - I never tire of it, it's on at every opportunity - demo it you may think its great too

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Nicky-Distance said:
One option is using my Arcam FMJ A19 in the booth with the RP3 and the Lektor 2's, and then upgrading to an an Elicit-R for myself at home, which will require more money than I probably have at the moment.

Now you're talking!

Nicky-Distance

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Ha, if there's one thing that CNO likes to see, it's people spending their money! Actually CNO, could you email me at nickydistance@gmail.com ? I'd like to have your contact and possibly invite you down to the shop when it's finished.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Nicky-Distance said:
Ha, if there's one thing that CNO likes to see, it's people spending their money! Actually CNO, could you email me at nickydistance@gmail.com ? I'd like to have your contact and possibly invite you down to the shop when it's finished.

You have mail. :)

matthewpiano

I'd suggest the Denon PMA720AE as a good option that definitely won't break the bank. Pairs very well with Dali speakers and certainly majors of musical involvement. Good phono stage too - even Ed Selley commented on that in his review of the amp in HFC.

Failing that, the NAD C326BEE would be good but you will need an external phono stage with that one and the amp will cost you more (without any gain in performance over the Denon).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts