Nathan

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully a simple question. Should I use an underlay mat on my turntable?

It didn't come with one (it's a Project 2 Xperience) and the manual says that the turntable is designed with a vinyl surface which is the mat. Should I buy an aftermarket one such as a cork, leather or felt backed ones?

If I should, any recommendations as to a good one?

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe the Project 2 Xperience is designed as pretty much a plug and play device. I had the 1 Xpression which had the acrylic platter where no mat was required. If you were to add a mat I think you'd need to adjust the VTA, not worth the hassle in my book. The platter you have is meant to almost bind the vinyl record as one to the vinyl layer on the platter. I think you're sorted. Other's on here though may know better...

luckylion100 said:
I believe the Project 2 Xperience is designed as pretty much a plug and play device. I had the 1 Xpression which had the acrylic platter where no mat was required. If you were to add a mat I think you'd need to adjust the VTA, not worth the hassle in my book. The platter you have is meant to almost bind the vinyl record as one to the vinyl layer on the platter. I think you're sorted. Other's on here though may know better...

Quite so. My turntable does not have one and, generally, if the design of turntable warrants one then the manufacturer would have fitted one from new.

Save your money and buy an LP instead. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts