Mating the Bowers & Wilkins CM 10s

gluglu

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I am considering building a home cinema with the CM10 towers as a main stereo. the remaining will be CM1or CM5 (for surround), CMC2 (center), And PV1 D as the sub.

Any amplifications recommendations? Would Marantz do it? do i need NAIM or Cyrrus Or Rotel or else?

As for the player: CD player, Or some new music storage kit. I really need Exceptional sound quality everywhere. i am no technical expert but rather an amateur audiophile.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

Sincerely

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Firstly,

Budget and size of room please?

What you ask for can be done. The CM10 is a good package and if you are going for those I suggest buying the CM1 for rears as you dont need more than that, and also the CMC2 if you have a big enough room

Are you after an AV receiver or Processor and AMP combo?

As for music - depends if you have a giant library of CDs. I would suggest an ITX built and having your songs digitally transfered through to a Naim Dac. Thats if you have songs digitally

It will sound pretty sweet :)

gluglu

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
hi and thanks duaplex.

-Size: 4 meters * 7 meters.

-the couch facing the speakers and tv is positionned in the width of the 4 meters.

-ok i will go for cm 1 as rear and cmc2 as center, since it should be comfortable enough in the room

-As you see i do not know exactly the difference : Are you after an AV receiver or Processor and AMP combo?

-budget is flexible to some extent

- The Naim dac sounds as a good option too :)

AS IT HAPPENS, I WONDER IF YOU COULD HELPWITH THAT MATTER, YOUR OPINION WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED:

I am addressing this topic to anyone who could provide me with a possible explanation to what is happening with my music systems.

within less than 2 years, i have bought 12 ipod docking station and wireless speakers and they all encoutered the same problem!

I use my Iphone or ipod nano 7th to play or stream via bluetooth and airplay or even dock the iphone.

While playing my songs, with no obvious reason, and without any plausible explanation, the sound becomes Suddenly weak and the lower mids-upper bass becomes muffled and veryy deep, and struggles to show.

To save some time and unecessary questions/answers, i am answering the folowing:

-i never play music above 70% of the maximum volume of any device.

- 99% of my songs are of very good quality, most of which i have purchases on 7Digital for those who know it.

I am becoming very frustrated because no dealer nor retailer nor technical expert is able to know why is this happening.

To repeat myself, the speaker dock remains operational BUT the sound becomes different all of a sudden. you suddenly feel during playback of any song that the sound becomes all of a sudden veiled in the lower noted of the vocal like theres a gap between upper bass and lower mids!

I suspected the following issue because i am at a point where i am desperate and really can't enjoy music anymore:

-Electricity/power supply, although all other home equipment works fine.

-My iphone docking tooth or bluetooth data streaming.

-My entire music library

-I have tried playing through someone else's iphone or so, but once this problem occurs , the speaker becomes damaged and even if played with another ipod, the problem remains.

I really dont know why is this happening.

I am writing this because last night i played through my Geneva XS, songs that i have purchased on 7Digital, and on the 4th song or so, the sound suddenly changed character and became as i described it earlier.

I became really frustrated, because its the twelvth dock that becomes damaged. i have had the issue with b&w zeppelins and nad viso 1s and zeppelin minis.... 12 times guys! really. i am wasting my money and still can't figure out why all of this is happening.

i have shipped my zeppelin to Dubai to archimedia and they tried to fix it, changing the board and all, but the result is the same.

Please if someone has an explanation to what i am facing, kindly let me know.

(oh also, at my b&w retailer, they tried to dissassemble every speaker inside the zeppelin and found out that every speaker works just fine on its own)

(FOR THIS REASON I AM A BIT SKEPTICAL ABOUT BUYING THIS WHOLE NEW EQUIPMENT WE ARE TAKING ABT.

Best regards ,

Lucien

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I bought my daughter an origanal B&W Zeppelin and she plays apple lossless music on it and she also plays the same files on a friends Zepplein mini and has no problems. I play my ipod through my B&O BeSound but needed a lead to go from din to a headphone socket and it works fine. I have a B&W 685 Theatre and am delighted with it. In my flat which is 7m x 4.57 m and 3.8 m high ceilings I used my old NAD receiver and Kef Floorstanders and it was fine provided I was considerate with the volume because of neighbours. I gave this system to my son and use an Onkyo 905 with B&W speakers.

Best wishes

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts