Matching to size of room

pogologo

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a 270sqft/25sqm room. Blinds to the large bifold doors which go the length of the room, two sofas and carpet.

I am not sure how much power I should be looking for in an amp with a room this size and if I do find one, can it control the Dali zensor 5s that I would ideally like to keep.

Any advice?

pogologo said:
I have a 270sqft/25sqm room. Blinds to the large bifold doors which go the length of the room, two sofas and carpet.

I am not sure how much power I should be looking for in an amp with a room this size and if I do find one, can it control the Dali zensor 5s that I would ideally like to keep.

Any advice?

Might be better if we got some of the room measurements in metres wide and long rather than square metres to give us a better picture.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I don’t think you can equate power output to room size for most living spaces of the size of yours. Most people don’t need loads of power in the sense of volume, as even 50 watt amps can drive speakers loud, depends on speaker sensitivity too of course. Also if you listen a modest levels or not.

But id be far more interested in power output to cope with the shifts and dynamics of music and the quality of the amp into the mix too. So a better quality 50watt amp than a 100 watt one etc. Being able to cope with burst power to recreate a drum beat faithfully etc, is I think what you really need power for. It makes music more real.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts