Martin Logan Motion

A

Anonymous

No they are not, that's the thing. They are surprisingly cheap.

Prices
are as follows (in USD)

MartinLogan MotionT Series Models

Motion
2 / 4 - Compact bookshelf speakers - $199.95 / $249.95 each

Motion
6 / 8 - Compact center channel speakers - $299.95 / $399.95 each

Motion
10 / 12 - Floorstanding tower speakers - $999.95 / $1499.95 pair
Dynamo
500/700/1000 $495/$695/$995

A

Anonymous

Hi pppp1, I was just doing a search for Martin Logan here and came across your post, I know its been a while since you posted but Ill go ahead and let you know that they are wonderful at the price you get them here in the US but as another fellow member pointed, they will probably be more expensive due to shipping and Tax.
Ill give you a quick sound review having owned the motion 10's(2-way floorstander)and Motion 4 bookshelves: they are very small IMO but their sound is very big, clear and "real" or true to life.... however it is a very different kind of sound they use a MLs proprietary ribbon tweeter which at this price is very hard to find and ML are mainly known for their electrostatic designs and I suspect the engineers benchmarked the sound of their other more expensive speakers when making this more affordable line. These are not the typical British Monitors you can buy, IMO they are not as detailed, or as clean, or as dynamic as some, and their bass output is very deep either but it is tight however their strong point is from the midrange up, its just beautiful and the highs are airy without being harsh, imaging is superb and if you are use to dome tweeters these will sound much more "alive", and bear with me as the sound diference is hard to explain, I dont think I can really call them bright but they can get in your face at times as they can play very loud without distorting in fact they seem to come alive the louder you play them. I can tell you that to this date I havent heard a speaker I liked more in the sense that I could close my eyes and be fooled into thinking the artist was right there in my living room, the most intimate Ive heard to date by far. And this was with a midrange receiver and playing compressed digital files through them... the biggest letdown to me though was that they are very directional speakers for lack of better word, to hear what they are capable of you have be their very small sweet spot.. its so sweet tho that its worth it.

PS: I still have my Motion 4s. And while am constantly selling and buying new speakers I just cant get rid of these.

A

Anonymous

I want to up my RTIA1 Polk Audio speakers... Options? MartinLogan Motion 4, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 (2011 Best Speaker Whathifi award) & Aperion Verus Grand. All of them, bookshelfs.

I have a S-500 Yamaha amplifier/S-1800 Yamaha DVD. Sadly, I can listen ANY of them (or another speaker!) in my country. I must read, and read reviews.

I just listen music (not movies). I listen at night, so I very rarely use 1/4 of total volume! I want just bookshelf (not tower, not sub, etc.) Because that, I want quality and detail.

So... As you are "constantly selling and buying new speaker"... What would be my best option? Another option? (even the RTIA3 or LSI7 Polk Audio?)

Thanks and excuse my bad english.

TRENDING THREADS