March 2009 TV Test - What Movie?

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
It might be good, even though Jack Synder also directed 300 and the pointless remake of Dawn of the Dead. It will certainly be long (163 mins)!

There's some interesting background info to the film on imdb, including mention of Terry Gilliam, Paul Greengrass and Darren Aranofsky as potential directors.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
D'oh! I'm gonna have to eat some humble pie. When the mag came yesterday morning, my Wife picked it up and said "Is that John Winchester on the cover?" (The 'Dad' in 'Supernatural').

"Nah. It's Robert Downey Jr, it's just an odd pic" I replied.

This went on for ages, she said I was wrong, I said she was wrong..........I was wrong.

Oh well. She'll be gloating for ages now!

A

Anonymous

ElectroMan:Jack Synder also directed 300 and the pointless remake of Dawn of the Dead.

Zack Snyder directed the films you call poor. 300 was an excellent film by the way.ÿ

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I didn't actually call them poor, although I agree that was implied!

To be honest, I haven't seen 300, but I thought Dawn of the Dead was boring. There was an article in one of the newspapers recently suggesting the remakes of 'classic' horror films might not be such a bad thing (I haven't read that yet, either).

But I do think there are far too many superhero movies at present - certainly far too many mediocre ones. I hope Watchmen is good, but I just wish Hollywood would stop making all the cheap/rubbish ones.

emotion-5.gif

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
It will be interesting how they go about this film. there's not a great deal of action in the book, I wonder how this will transfer to the big screen and will it be what people are expecting

A

Anonymous

rob_981:Octopo:

Zack Snyder directed the films you call poor. 300 was an excellent film by the way.

A matter of opinion, surely. I thought 300 was moderately rubbish.

I must concur there.....absolute pants and so historicaly inaccurate it actually hurt to watch.

Super hero moies at least don't pretend to be even slightly real.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Wash your mouth out! It's the forthcoming filmic take on legendary graphic novel Watchmen

One assumes that, given the film hasn't yet been released, you didn't actually test the screens with Watchmen?

Mind you, if you did, at least it would answer the age old question: Who Watches the Watchmen?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts