Marantz UD7007 help

andrew_cawood

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, I'm looking for some help with a couple of issues. Firstly how do you enter text with the remote? I was trying to login to Netflix and I can't for the life of me work out how to enter my details - I've tried all the buttons on the remote and read through the manual a few times and there's no obvious explanation. I'm sure I'm just being a bit thick!

Also, I understood I could control it with the Marantz Wizz App, but even when I manually enter the IP address it doesn't find it, again does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Andy

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Can't help with the Marantz, but I would point out that Apps are quite specific, i.e when I tried the AV Control App for my Pioneer receiver, it let me download and install it on my ipad, but it wouldn't connect, even though it could clearly see it. The App I needed was AV Control 2012, which I installed and works fine. Some are model specific it seems.

Small thing but you never know it may help.

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Roundhead 5000 said:
Can't help with the Marantz, but I would point out that Apps are quite specific, i.e when I tried the AV Control App for my Pioneer receiver, it let me download and install it on my ipad, but it wouldn't connect, even though it could clearly see it. The App I needed was AV Control 2012, which I installed and works fine. Some are model specific it seems.

Small thing but you never know it may help.

Sorry, I should have said the wording of the App can be specific.

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Not a subscriber to Netflix, but tried it and see your problem - no on-screen key pad as in Youtube. Youtube on the ud7007 alllows you to pair with an IOS device which is less cumbersome, but sadly forgets it next time you log on and you have to repeat the pairing process. Worth it, as picture quality much better than youtube via ATV.

The remote app has just been updated for iphone and now allows control of the UD, previously only the SA7007 was paired.

Despite these niggles hope you are enjoying the player - well worth its 5 star rating, IMHO

andrew_cawood

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, and yes it's clearly an excellent blu ray player, I may have been expecting a bit more than was reasonable though!

I figured out the issue with inputting text, I actually needed to press enter while the box was blank which then gave an on screen key pad - this seemed a bit counter intuitive as I thought enter would just submit blank details. Anyway that's fine now.

With regards the app, after futher investigation it appears that you need to also have a Marantz receiver operating alongside it from 2012 and beyond. Of course mine is 2011! I was hoping to be able to use it for streaming duties, but without the app that becomes problematic. Back to square one on that front, but for blu ray and CD playback - it's all good!

Andy

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

You are right - the UD player control on the app mirrors the SA7007 remote control features due to its control connection. It does not 'see' it as a device. My pair are ethernet wired so thought you might need wifi dongle for that facility. BTW, I've dusted off some SACDs and bought GRRR on BluRay music - excellent results given the age of the original recordings. Having toyed with streaming, I now have renewed interest in the silver disc.

andrew_cawood

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you and I agree with you about the disc format. It's refreshing to not have to worry about Internet stability, accepted formats or gapless playback!

JamesNesbitt

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If you select the member sign in where it takes you to the credentials prompt you should already be in the first field. If you press the enter button on the remote control an on screen keyboard should appear allowing you to enter in your credentials accordingly.

The UD7007 can only be controlled by the app if the player is connected to one of the current models of Marantz network AV receiver, and HDMI Control / CEC Communication is enabled on both products. The app communicates with the receiver and the receiver in turn communicates with the player via CEC communication.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts