Marantz still making CD players

WayneKerr

Brave and trustworthy. Seems both Marantz and Denon are still committed to physical media where many are ditching it in favour of streaming only options, and we all know what happens to streamers eventually.

Not sure why they didn't include SACD?

Reactions: Al ears
When I first bought my Marantz sacd player I thought I’d buy as many as I could in the metal genre and enjoy this extra quality.
I managed to find 0.
I had to diversify a little, and bought Pink Floyd, and Nine inch Nails. Neither of which I’m a big fan of.
needless to say, I wouldn’t have noticed the difference if my CD player was just for CDs.
its a real shame that sacd didn’t get bigger. A real missed opportunity.

When I first bought my Marantz sacd player I thought I’d buy as many as I could in the metal genre and enjoy this extra quality.
I managed to find 0.
I had to diversify a little, and bought Pink Floyd, and Nine inch Nails. Neither of which I’m a big fan of.
needless to say, I wouldn’t have noticed the difference if my CD player was just for CDs.
its a real shame that sacd didn’t get bigger. A real missed opportunity.
True. I own quite a few now of various musical genres. Thankfully my Oppo is still going strong.

elliswils

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
Perhaps this is another small win for the buying public.

I never stopped buying CDs, or LPs for that matter, but "they" decided we were all going to have to stream and or download our music so shut down producing CDs as "they" did with vinyl. Hence sales dropped. If they are not there to be bought, you can't buy them. Then "they" can justify "their" decision to stop making CDs, because the falling sales figure support "their" argument.

More power to the buying public say I and "they" need to stop making decisions based on what "they" want rather than what "we" want!

manicm

It may be a rare sight these days, the new CD60 is launched to match Model 40 amp as pretty much a CD only player. Not sure why they didn't, at least, add SACD functionality but they have added a USB input.
A brave or mad decision?

Had they added uncompromised, unPCMd SACD playback it would have at least double the cost. And it would have cannibilised their top end disc player which does do SACDs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts