Question Marantz SR7007 overheats when paired with KEF R900 - help!

madtheswine

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
My Marantz SR7007 is paired with KEF R900 floorstanders and KEF R200C centre. Jamo E8 sub just for some additional low end. I'm not running any surround speakers.

At lower volumes, this pairing works just fine and sounds amazing. However if I crank up the volume (to around 70-75 on the receiver), I start hearing constant clicking noises from the receiver. Eventually if run long enough (over 30 minutes, not that long really), the amp shuts itself down. It's pretty embarrassing when I'm just getting a party started and the whole thing clicks like mad, and eventually packs a sad and gives up! Amp is well ventilated and isn't enclosed.

When I bought the system, I was assured that the SR7007 had adequate power to drive these speakers, but I'm thinking I need a decent power amp to get the best from them. I just feel they have a lot more to offer than what I'm getting at the moment. Any thoughts/experiences on what would work well? The speakers have a ridiculously wide range of recommended power 25W to 250W.

Thanks in advance guys :)

TRENDING THREADS