Marantz SA8003 and PM8003

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Simon Lucas:Another conversation with Marantz's PR folks today. A date for review samples tomorrow (or so I'm promised).

Great news !!!
emotion-21.gif
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I am using PM7001Ki (predecessor to 8003) with MA RS6 and I like the combo. The sound is a tad forward but overall quite well balanced. The bass is tight and punchy. I'd think 8003 would be very similar.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
chainrock:I am using PM7001Ki (predecessor to 8003) with MA RS6 and I like the combo. The sound is a tad forward but overall quite well balanced. The bass is tight and punchy. I'd think 8003 would be very similar.

Hi Chainrock, thanks for your feedback.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

No problem. Curious to hear your feedback when you get your hands on amp/cdp.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
chainrock:No problem. Curious to hear your feedback when you get your hands on amp/cdp.

I actually have them already. Upgrade from marantz CD63 & Pioneer A400.

Still using my Tannoy Mercury M1 speakers. Wanted to upgrade to the RS6.

Can't bring the SA/PM8003 to try at the local dealer. He wouldn't allow. Therefore was eager to hear feedback from any users.

emotion-1.gif

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Simon Lucas:8003s in the house next Wednesday. All things being equal, expect the review(s) in the July issue (o/s June 3rd).

Great!!! Erm... Any hope of reading the reviews online first?
emotion-2.gif

Oh yes, test them with the MA RS6.... please...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

cstanwhf:

Simon Lucas:8003s in the house next Wednesday. All things being equal, expect the review(s) in the July issue (o/s June 3rd).

emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif

Hi bro,

Finally, ur request comes true :). Awaiting for the review :)

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
maxngck:cstanwhf:

emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif

Hi bro,

Finally, ur request comes true :). Awaiting for the review :)

Muahahahah
emotion-4.gif

Yes, eagerly waiting for the review too.

matthewpiano

cstanwhf:
chainrock:No problem. Curious to hear your feedback when you get your hands on amp/cdp.

I actually have them already. Upgrade from marantz CD63 & Pioneer A400.

Still using my Tannoy Mercury M1 speakers. Wanted to upgrade to the RS6.

Can't bring the SA/PM8003 to try at the local dealer. He wouldn't allow. Therefore was eager to hear feedback from any users.

emotion-1.gif

Your dealer doesn't sound very helpful. If he won't allow you to take your own equipment in, will he grant you a home demo? Alternatively can he get hold of demo versions of your electronics? If you can't get either, I'd be looking for another dealer. Don't buy a pair of speakers without at LEAST hearing them with your kit, preferably in your own room. The speaker/room and amp/speaker synergies are the most vital of all.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew, thanks for the confirmation. How about a Sept date for the PM8003?
emotion-40.gif

Hi Matthew, no choice. Only 1 dealer in this small country of mine. They have 2 branches, the other branch is further away.

Seems like that branch does allow us bringing our equipment down, but must inform them first.

Will see if i am able do that. But the CDP/amp is a bit heavy for me and not convenient as no car and I had a bad back.

Will try to work this out. Will be shifting house in 1 year time (dateline keeps getting delayed
emotion-6.gif
) and will try to have a dedicate room for the system. Hopefully no issue with room synergies then.
emotion-42.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
cstanwhf:Hi Andrew, thanks for the confirmation. How about a Sept date for the PM8003?
emotion-40.gif

Will have to check with Simon 'First Tests' Lucas, who's not in the office today.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts