Marantz pm7002 just stopped working!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi jus wanting to know if any other marantz Pm 7002 has had any simmilar problem , the power has just cut out , i have changed the plug and fuse!! it looks pretty serious

A

Anonymous

Hi ,no the reverse had not been listening to it for about a week or so. I will pop it in to our local Hi fi shop that does repairs tomorrow morning . I was just asking incase there was a common problem. The amp does run hot as i ran it in class A but never cranked up.

Is it worth repairing ? I liked it a lot but it cannot be worth more than a £100 if that now (December 2004) I am a bit racked off as this is the second Marantz that has died on me the other one had a faulty channel problem it was only 3 years old. Am i expecting too much for budget components to last? I think this will be my last marantz Amp if it doesnt recover!!!!!!

T

the record spot

No idea what may have caused it, but the Marantz range is very reliable; I've had a lot of their gear over the years and never had a problem with any of it. Things go wrong with electronics from time to time, so it'd be a pity to throw the baby out with the bathwater if you generally like the sound of their gear.

If you like the 7200, check out the repair quote and decide from their. If it costs £100 to have it fixed, then that's the cheapest solution of the lot, no? You get your amp back and working again, you have the sound you like and you don't need to spend at least a similar amount (and probably a bit more) to better it.

EDIT: Incidentally, do you mean the PM7200? There's an SR7002 which is AV, but I'm assuming you are referring to this amp below (albeit this is the KI-Signature version):-

http://www.superfi.co.uk/images/PM7200_KI_550.jpg

TRENDING THREADS