Marantz PM7000N thoughts

brian220709

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Thinking of an all in one solution to connect my Rega P1 turntable, TV, blu-ray player and stream music/radio, also the option of hi-res streaming. Possible pair it with Q acoustics 3050i.
Just sold my Marantz SR6011 and KEF fronts, centres and rears.
Just about finished decorating living room and have bought a Sonos Arc/Sub which are still boxed and thinking of sending back.
Plan was to have this and then buy a Rega io and bookshelf speakers for the Rega P1.
Now thinking of an all in one amp like the PM7000N instead and a good set of floorstanders either side of the TV.
Thoughts? Anyone use a similar system?

robdmarsh

I haven't heard the 7000n, but I think it could be a great option as a one box solution, especially at the price it can be found at these days. I'm a big Denon fan and I think the sound signature of the two brands is quite similar being sister brands. There is a Denon equivalent product to the 7000n, the Denon pma 900hne, which also might be worth investigating.

brian220709

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Had a look at the Denon PMA-900HNE, looks good and some excellent reviews.
My wife likes the look of the Q acoustics 3050i in graphite grey.
Do you think these would match the Denon or the Marantz better?

Had a look at the Denon PMA-900HNE, looks good and some excellent reviews.
My wife likes the look of the Q acoustics 3050i in graphite grey.
Do you think these would match the Denon or the Marantz better?
Neither, they have to work well in your room irrespective of which amp drives them .
If they do work well in the room you wouldn't know which amp was driving them.

robdmarsh

If they do work well in the room you wouldn't know which amp was driving them.
This is true but amplification of course plays a big part as well. My speakers "work" brilliantly in my room, but I tried three different amplifiers with quite different results, so the end result is that speakers will not sound the same in a given room with different amplifiers. I would say that the Denon and the Marantz are going to be quite similar spec wise but with a slightly different flavor. Marantz are renowned for smoothness while Denon is renowned for being a little punchier but maybe not as smooth.
Try and listen to both would be my advice.

ianb

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Thinking of an all in one solution to connect my Rega P1 turntable, TV, blu-ray player and stream music/radio, also the option of hi-res streaming. Possible pair it with Q acoustics 3050i.
Just about finished decorating living room and have bought a Sonos Arc/Sub which are still boxed and thinking of sending back.
Plan was to have this and then buy a Rega io and bookshelf speakers for the Rega P1.
Now thinking of an all in one amp like the PM7000N instead and a good set of floorstanders either side of the TV.
Hi Brian
Just wondering what setup you went with? As I'm an owner of a pair of Q Aquostics 3050i's and am looking to upgrade my amp to the marantz pm7000n as after hearing them I was sold,so now the savings begin!

AWCheshire

Jan 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,
I recently got the PM7000N and I think it's a great versatile solution. Works well with the turntable and B&W speakers but importantly, to make it more household friendly, works well with streaming and TV via Optical.

I'd appreciate some advice, if anyone was able to help, relating to streaming via the amp. It normally takes a good few minutes from turning it on for me to be able to see it as an option for AirPlay. This is irritatingly slow (but maybe I'm just impatient). Any ideas to whether this is standard, it is an indication of an issue, any tips to rectify this...all appreciated.

WayneKerr

Hi all,
I recently got the PM7000N and I think it's a great versatile solution. Works well with the turntable and B&W speakers but importantly, to make it more household friendly, works well with streaming and TV via Optical.

I'd appreciate some advice, if anyone was able to help, relating to streaming via the amp. It normally takes a good few minutes from turning it on for me to be able to see it as an option for AirPlay. This is irritatingly slow (but maybe I'm just impatient). Any ideas to whether this is standard, it is an indication of an issue, any tips to rectify this...all appreciated.
You're basically booting up a PC so don't expect instantaneous results.

manicm

Hi all,

It could just be the Airplay implementation, or your standby settings. It's probably set to network off on standby as my mum's Denon - both use Heos remember. Check your standby settings. I have it on network off to save power i.e. it will be disconnected from WiFi - which Airplay uses - until switched on, in which case it will take a bit longer to connect.

But it wouldn't bother me if it's stable when it does connect. You have a great system.

AWCheshire

Jan 6, 2023
Visit site
It could just be the Airplay implementation, or your standby settings. It's probably set to network off on standby as my mum's Denon - both use Heos remember. Check your standby settings. I have it on network off to save power i.e. it will be disconnected from WiFi - which Airplay uses - until switched on, in which case it will take a bit longer to connect.

But it wouldn't bother me if it's stable when it does connect. You have a great system.

Thanks for the advice and sorry for being so slow to reply to your kind advice on a question I asked! I'll have a play around with the standby settings.

It's not a big deal but more a slight irritation, as you say, once connected it's a great system....although I'm not sure my neighbours would agree ;)

Thanks for the advice and sorry for being so slow to reply to your kind advice on a question I asked! I'll have a play around with the standby settings.

It's not a big deal but more a slight irritation, as you say, once connected it's a great system....although I'm not sure my neighbours would agree ;)
Be considerate, just play some music they like. :)

AWCheshire

Jan 6, 2023
Visit site
Be considerate, just play some music they like. :)

Everyone likes the Comfortably Numb guitar solo on repeat, right?

Just to close the loop on this one. What you recommended was the perfect solution. 'Network Control: On' and all is well.

In all likelihood, given the increased energy consumption, for most of the time I'll likely switch Network Control to 'Off' but it's good to know the option is there and it isn't a system issue.

Thanks again.

SteveR750

Curious as to why you're thinking 9f sending the arc and sub back? For TV they're brilliant devices. Some of sonos kit incl sub make for a good stereo setup too, better than you'd think.

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

@AWCheshire Hi. What do you think of the amp? I'm seriously considering one myself. Just trying to arrange a demo at the local RS store. What's the phono stage like? I've got a Linn Axis so looking for something with a half decent phono option. Also what speakers are you driving with it? I was considering the QAcoustics 3050i or Wharfdale 12.3's myself. What source do you stream from? Any issues? I'm planning on using Amazon Unlimited with this.
Sorry for so many questions, hope you don't mind?
KR
Nic

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS