Q acoustics 3020i + 3060s subwoofer 🔊

brian220709

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Do you think you could get a good stereo sound using the Q acoustics 3020i bookshelf speakers and matching subwoofer 3060s?
Thinking of these rather than the 3050i’s as I can’t really fit them in either side of TV cabinet.
Looking at partnering them with Marantz PM7000N or Denon PMA-900HNE.

elliswils

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
I was looking to put together a second 2-channel hi-fi system for my office but on a budget. I listened to the whole QA 3000i range and eventually bought the 3030i speakers with matching stands. There were good deals on them then and even better deals now. They are presumably to be phased out.

The 3030i's are IMO the best of the range and have the broadest sound stage and deepest base. The other two in the range, as good as they are, don't come close. The floor standers are great speakers but physically too big for what I was looking for. Some say the 3000i range are too Bassey. Personally nothing can be too bassey!

At the time there was a choice of matching sub between the 3070 and the 3060, the QB12 had only just come out. I picked up a second hand 3070 from a guy who was seriously into the full surround sound AV set up. He showed me his room which seemed to have more speakers and subs in it the a high class hi-fi showroom!

Anyway, he hated the 3070, it obviously did not do what he wanted it to in an AV set up.

I took it and ran it through a Vincent hybrid valve system and it it is awesome. It is difficult to describe the difference between ported and sealed subs, but I think a ported sub tends to 'blur' the bass notes rather than clip them off as a sealed sub does and I think there is a lot less 'rattle' or dancing across the floor when you are driving it hard and deep.

I have no complaints, both the 3070 and 3060 go deeper than the specification says, I've tested that. There are subs that go deeper but they cost more.

BUT, that's on a 2-channel hi-fi system with a valve amp. All the AV reviews I read (and I think WHF did one too) didn't like the sub at all. Neither did the man I bought it from.

I can't speak to using it in an AV set up but as hi-fi for music, they are an excellent budget conscious option. I luv mine.

As always, the answer is, go and listen to them...

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts