Marantz PM6003 and 6004 do either accept banana plugs??

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Could anyone please confirm if either of these amps accept a banana plug connection please as i'm looking at adding one to my system for stereo music but all my speakers have banana plugs. I know i will have to swap the front speakers over when i want to use the Marantz amp which is why i need to know if accepts the plugs as it makes swapping the cables for the front speakers between my AV amp and stereo amp a genuine idea.

If anyone could shed any light i would really appreciate it as the pdf manuals that are available don't say anything about a banana plug connection and i can't get a good look at the connections on the rear of the unit.

Many thanks in advance.

John Duncan

Yes something to do with European plugs being the same size as banana plugs. Or something. Which is why all amps now have coverings over the banana sockets which need to be prised out with a screwdriver (or in the case of Yamaha, broken by pushing in the plugs themselves).

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Both do, but because of EU law there will be plugs in the sockets that you'll need to remove.

Very many thanks John, much appreciated. I presume it's the same sort of connection that i had with my Onkyo 609 AV amp then where they had a plastic insert that had to be removed with the old screw trick in order to uncover the banana plug connection? I presume both units would work perfectly fine with a banana plug connection, i've had no issues with my Onkyo since i done it.

John Duncan

Oh yeah will be fine. They're designed to take banana plugs, it's just the European law which requires them to cover them up. I think banana plugs themselves might actually be banned altogether in continental Europe because they're the perfect size to go in a plug socket :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts