Marantz PM14S1SE - Couldn’t resist

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Hope you love it. When you think that surely they're still making a profit at £1399, it makes you wonder what the markup is on premium items like this when you can walk into somewhere else and pay hundreds more. Scary really.

Enjoy. And report back!

Exactly one of the reasons, the internet direct companies seem to be more value

Egodwin

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I have looked at this amp for a while now, but have never heard it. I currently have a Linn Sondek, Marantz SA14 S1 SE cd player, Audiolab 8000A/8000PX bi-amping Monitor Audio GR20 speakers. Would the Marantz PM14 S1 SE be a significant upgrade over my Audioabs or would it be just a sideways move. I've seen this Peter Tyson excellent deal and am aware how old my current amps are.

jjbomber

Al ears said:
So Peter Tyson join the ranks of retailers the deal in non existent stock? Sounds like a few others I know. :-(

A man walks into the butchers ''How much are the chickens?''

Butcher ''£5 each''

Man: ''They're only £4 down the road''

Butcher: ''Well go down the road then''

Man: ''They haven't got any''

Butcher: ''Well, when we haven't got any, we only charge £3''

Man: ''OK, I'll come back when you haven't got any!''

D

Deleted member 108165

jjbomber said:
Al ears said:
So Peter Tyson join the ranks of retailers the deal in non existent stock? Sounds like a few others I know. :-(

Butcher ''£5 each''

*biggrin* Brilliant!

DougK said:
jjbomber said:
Al ears said:

Butcher ''£5 each''

*biggrin* Brilliant!

starting to feel like I bought the £3 chicken! Lol.

jjbomber said:
Al ears said:

Butcher ''£5 each''

This is exactly the story the owner of the HiFi shop I worked in as a lad used to tell. Funnily enough it began when Comet opened in town. Substitute Pioneer turntable or Shure Cartridge and I can hear him saying it now. Thanks for the memory!

Finally got the news I’ve been waiting for. The Amplifier has been dispatched and should be here with me tomorrow!

Im really looking forward to opening it, getting it set up and giving it a good try out.

im as excited as a kid at Xmas. It’s been a while since I bought any new kit.

Yeah, at first they told me they had the amp in stock, and said it would be with me Monday.

I cheekily asked if I could have a Saturday delivery, expecting them to say no, or ask for more money for delivery

but, to their credit, within ten mins of emailing them, they sent a reply saying it would be with me tomorrow (Saturday)

so, thanks to Peter Tyson. A Great amp at a fantastic price, and delivery sorted.

Roll on tomorrow

F61A44F2-2495-469E-8DC0-9EA5EF1F4A2C.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts