Marantz PM 6003 or Rotel RA-04SE

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
What music do you generally listen to, what speaker cable do you have, what interconnects do you use and what CD player do you have?

Answers to these questions will allow folk to come back with more detailed answers
emotion-1.gif

Also, have you demo'd both or are you going to arange a demo as that would be the best idea. Buying 'blind' is a dangerous game!

sureesh40

May 29, 2008
Visit site
d_a_n1979:What music do you generally listen to, what speaker cable do you have, what interconnects do you use and what CD player do you have? Answers to these questions will allow folk to come back with more detailed answers
emotion-1.gif
Also, have you demo'd both or are you going to arange a demo as that would be the best idea. Buying 'blind' is a dangerous game!

I listen to all types of music, classical, pop, Indian Music (More for my mom, she is from India) My sources are a yamaha tuner (I love FM music ) and a marantz CDP 5001. I would be listening to a demo of the PM 6003 soon, but hi fi dealers would probably not demo it with an MS 902i. I don't use any interconnects at the moment just those supplied with my current amp, which is also a marantz PM4001, I don't particicularly like this amp because it is not lively enough, my speaker cables are from taiwan, dynamic something is the brand name, don't remember fully the brand name.

sureesh40

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Antics:Mordaunt Short + Cambridge Audio = Brightness :)

Just what is a bright sound anyway. I thought CA and MS are owned by the same company.

sureesh40

May 29, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:With the 902i I would go for the Marantz.

I am using a marantz amp now, the PM4001 with the mordaunt short. Will the PM 6003 be better than the PM4001

A

Anonymous

A bright sound is sometimes described as forward, detailed, often harsh sound. Yes MS & CA are owned by the same company so there should be synergy there, I tried this combo and thought it was way too bright for my tastes.

Obviously you may have different tastes to moi, and the above combo could blow you away, let your ears decide!

sureesh40:

Antics:Mordaunt Short + Cambridge Audio = Brightness :)

Just what is a bright sound anyway. I thought CA and MS are owned by the same company.

T

the record spot

Probably working out what kind of sound you like to hear, or at least, the tonal characteristics that appeal most, and then determining which of those two amps goes best with the other equipment you have to delivering that.

A

Anonymous

Hello to everybody. I am new here. The question is that I am trying to create my first hi-fi system. I have doubts between these two amplifiers. I have read what has been published in What Hi-Fi? and I have still doubts.

My idea is buying Q Acoustics 2010 or Arcaydis DM1's. Arcaydis "could develop high frequencies with a greater degree of refinement" (What hi-fi? words). I have read that Arcaydis cand admit in power handling 40 watts RMS. Compatible with amplifiers between 20 and 80 watts per channel, according to the firm. My question is if I would have problems with the Marantz Pm 6003 (45 W 8ohm) using the DM1's. Rotel is 40 W.

Creating a good system is a question of compensating the different elements of your system. I think a lot about my system. A pleasure and a "torture" at the same time.

My first element is a Marantz Cd 5003. It was a good offer. I know that Cd 6003 was far better, but the cd 5003 is a good all-rounder. I hope so. Speaker cables, interconnects and speaker stands are clear for me. More or less in the case of speaker stands.

That's all. I cannot prove the Marantz or the Rotel model. Could you give me your impressions if you have a pair of Q Acoustics or Arcaydis DM1's with some of these amplifiers?

By the way, Arcaydis should have a better attention to the possible buyer service. I have written to them several e-mails with my doubts and I have got no answer. sales@arcaydis.com I have written too to techsupport have an hour ago. It has no logic to sell through the internet and not to have (??) a gorgeous e-mail attention service. I know EB Acoustics and it's relation with Arcaydis -the same group- and they must be good people but they could do better in this area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts