Marantz PM-50 Amplifier

GraemeDevon

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I've just had a twenty-five year old (plus) amplifier fail, it's been having daily use, particularly over the last three years as our music driver in our independant record store. It was turned off having performed with it's usual quality, only for the next day for there to be no output from any source and either sets of speakers. The mains is not an issue as all mode selection led's are lighting up as appropriate. I would appreciate any theories regarding what have may happened, I would suspect an ic that drives both outputs. Obviously I'm trying to decide if repair is an option, or just be satisfied that "the dear old thing" has given amazing service and performance for well over quarter of a century. Thanks in advance.

steviewonder

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
These are rather good amplifiers,and well worthy of repair.A very common issue is dry joints on the hybrid ic, stk3062iv., this ic could also be faulty,but new ones can be pricey.A better alternative is the stk3082 (mk3) which can be grabbed off ebay for £10 or so,and appears to be a direct equivalent.

It's unlikely the output transistors have failed,having probably repaired 30-odd of these units over the years.Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts