Marantz or NAD with Monitor Audio?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I like the MA RX 6. It sounds very good with my music (metal and pop). I will also buy a amp and cdp. It will be a Marantz or NAD. Which is the best with the MA RX 6?

I'm looking at:

NAD C326 with the c545 or

NAD C356 with the C546 or

Marantz pm 6004 with the cd 6004 or

Marantz pearl lite amp and cdp

I've read here that NAD will sound shrill? I don't like that. I like a punchy bass, but not too much. I have a wooden floor.

nads

NAD shrill you must have been reading something other than a NAD review.

But back to your question. Sorry no idea I never like the MA speakers as they were to shrill.

TBH listen to the mixes you are thinking of and see what you like.

I know what I like and MA and Marantz are not two of them.

A

Anonymous

Hi Nads

I would go for the Nad and the MA.

I am very happy with mine its not the same as your suggestion but I have not been tempted to change my combo since having it.

I just need a phono amp to do more justice for my combo

KR

gtncj

obiwan kenobi said:
I like the MA RX 6. It sounds very good with my music (metal and pop). I will also buy a amp and cdp. It will be a Marantz or NAD. Which is the best with the MA RX 6?

I'm looking at:

NAD C326 with the c545 or

NAD C356 with the C546 or

Marantz pm 6004 with the cd 6004 or

Marantz pearl lite amp and cdp

I've read here that NAD will sound shrill? I don't like that. I like a punchy bass, but not too much. I have a wooden floor.

There have been a couple of threads about Nad being shrill, but to my mind I would suggest room acoustics were to blame or the owners mistake detail for the cloying sound.

Having owned the RS6s for a number of years, Nad would be a really good combo with MAs. But I would also suggest going up the Nad ladder to a 356 or 370 to make the most of the RX6 talents.

Personally though, I would skip Nad and have a listen to Creek Evo2. Tremendous amp that's detailed and transparent, something the Nads, IMO, lack slightly.

A

Anonymous

I agree the opinions above!

But for me, I'd opt for Marantz, I do find them slightly warmer than NAD, and goes well with MA.

You will love those RX6's :grin:

--

obiwan kenobi - that can't be your real name, right? Your parents wouldn't do that to you.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Previously I owned NAD C355BEE and MA RX1 and they reproduced wonderful sound in particular on rock music with lots of bass. The MA speakers are considered bright because metallic tweeters are used but if you couple them with amplifiers providing soft sound like Marantz they could be a perfect match. Having said if you want to hear all the details may be NAD is not suitable for you, that was my personal experience :) .

TRENDING THREADS