Question Marantz model 30 with klh model 5.. match or no match?

mevora

May 9, 2022
Visit site
I want to upgrade my current set up. Right now I own q acoustics 3050i with a Cyrus one HD. I really like this combo.. but sometimes i feel like im missing something. So I noticed the model 30. This would be a pretty good step up I believe.
Anybody have any ideas on a good speaker match with the model 30?
I love the way it looks and the phono amp. I’m thinking this thing can last a lifetime.

my mind is set on the klh model 5. Im hoping I can test the combination within a few weeks.
I tested the model 5 with my Cyrus and it was terrible😅
My question is does anybody have an idea if this combo would work and what speaker could work with this amp?
Thank you.

I want to upgrade my current set up. Right now I own q acoustics 3050i with a Cyrus one HD. I really like this combo.. but sometimes i feel like im missing something. So I noticed the model 30. This would be a pretty good step up I believe.
I love the way it looks and the phono amp. I’m thinking this thing can last a lifetime.

my mind is set on the klh model 5. Im hoping I can test the combination within a few weeks.
My question is does anybody have an idea if this combo would work and what speaker could work with this amp?
Thank you.
I know nothing about those KLH speakers but there are plenty of others that will work well with the Marantz, unfortunately I don't have your ears and we know nothing about the room you intend to set up this system in.
Perhaps some more information might be helpful and simply audition as many speakers as you can within your budget.
Must say I like the retro look of the Model 5, looks similar to the Wharfedale Linton Heritage

Last edited:
Reactions: mevora
Most Marantz amps tend to veer on the smooth side. The OPs Q Acoustics should work well with the Cyrus presentation.

The best advice I can give the OP is try and get a home demo of the Marantz and see how they stack up with the Q Acoustics. Personally think this combo will be too lush, but room acoustics might balance that out.

Most Marantz amps tend to veer on the smooth side. The OPs Q Acoustics should work well with the Cyrus presentation.

The best advice I can give the OP is try and get a home demo of the Marantz and see how they stack up with the Q Acoustics. Personally think this combo will be too lush, but room acoustics might balance that out.
However, his mind is set on new KLH speakers as well....
Although I note that he does actually ask two questions and would agree with your Marantz / Q Acoustics comments.

However, his mind is set on new KLH speakers as well....
Although I note that he does actually ask two questions and would agree with your Marantz / Q Acoustics comments.
As I've no experience with KLH, I can only advise on works well with mid to high end Marantz. Only a home trial with the Marantz will determine what direction to go in and whether KLH fits the ideal brief.

Reactions: mevora and Al ears

CheshirePete

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site

Thank you.

I have the KLH model 5 speakers, my current system is the NAD C658 pre amplifier and a Primare A 30.2 power amplifier which sounds great.

I recently partnered them with the NAD C298 power amplifier (class d) and the sound was fatiguing, the amplifier was too transparent and revealing.

My taste would suggest a warmer, smoother sounding amplifier, so not the Cyrus or class D.

They are fantastic speakers and the Primare amplifier is far better partner than the NAD C298. Obviously he Primare is over 10 years old, so I bought used.

Hope this helps and good luck.

mevora

May 9, 2022
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies! I ended up testing the klh model fives at my house for about a week. Before I heard anything I was expecting an improvement over my Cyrus one HD. But this was mind blowing. The combo is incredible (to my ears) !! I love the sparkle on the top end. But never fatiguing and they can really go low. Not like a sub but low enough to feel the rumble in your gut.

I have the set up now for a few months and I can't wish for anything more. So thanks to you all, happy listening and stay safe PXL_20220618_200014977.jpg

Thank you all for the replies! I ended up testing the klh model fives at my house for about a week. Before I heard anything I was expecting an improvement over my Cyrus one HD. But this was mind blowing. The combo is incredible (to my ears) !! I love the sparkle on the top end. But never fatiguing and they can really go low. Not like a sub but low enough to feel the rumble in your gut.

I have the set up now for a few months and I can't wish for anything more. So thanks to you all, happy listening and stay safe View attachment 3922
Excellent news. Thanks for getting back to us.

I have the set up now for a few months and I can't wish for anything more. So thanks to you all, happy listening and stay safe View attachment 3922
Excellent. Always great when you hit on the sweet combination.

Those speakers look very retro...wonderful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts