Marantz MCR603 vs PM6003 (amp side)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

maxflinn said:
that is a tight fit, i'd be looking at a way of giving the beast more room to breathe :)

It's tight, but it's not getting that hot, when using class a/b.

Perhaps I could drill some large holes in the sides, and bottom.

At the picture it might looks like the sides of the amp, are right against the wood - but it's not because the front plate is wider than the sides...

A

Anonymous

I've also ordered a XTZ sub today - it's has very good reputation here in Denmark.

http://www.xtz.se/uk/subwoofers/99w10.16

300W amp, 25mm mdf, seas 10" inch driver and 27kg's

Price 270 pounds incl. shipping from Sweden

I can't wait...
smiley-tongue-out.gif

A

Anonymous

Regaring to class a versus class a/b mode, I've done some more comparising, and I must admit there's a noticeable difference.

When playing Mark Knopfler (ripped in Apple Lossless), it's easy to hear, that he's voice gets more varm and clear in class a mode... It's especially the vocals, where you can hear the difference.

I starting to like this amp more and more
smiley-cool.gif

I think I'll modify the furniture (move the howl), so the amp can breathe, and I can enjoy the sound of class a.

By the way - I've upgraded the XTZ sub to a larger 12" instead of the smaller 10" - can't wait until monday
smiley-tongue-out.gif

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
This thread makes an excellent read.

I hope you are happy with your new sub. Personally I'm not a fan of subs when used in a stereo set-up, but perhaps it's just because I've yet to hear one which really integrates with the main speakers.

And as for the speakers, count me in as another fan. I don't have the SEs, only the standard 794s, and I'm more than satisfied with them. Mission went through a period of receiving poor reviews, though I don't know why: my ears never heard anything wrong with their products' sound. My previous speakers - also Mission, M73 - were bought when the press were raving about Wharfedale Diamond 8.3s (iirc), but compared to my Missions, which received less favourable reviews, I found them shrill and lacking bottom-end.

'Each to his own' is definitely true for HiFi. If it sounds right to you, then it is. We don't all have the same sonic tastes, or the same ears.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts