Marantz MCR-610. Internet radio problem.

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I wonder if i could trouble all you knowledgable people with a query about my Marantz unit?

In the last few days i am finding it impossible to get any of my internet radio stations to play.

All i get is the "loading" notification flashing endlessly, and nowt else. I have tried to check for an update on the firmware; but no luck there either...just getting the "connecting" notification, and nothing else.

I've had no problems with the internet radio stations, or updating firmware up till now.

I use a wired connection to the router, and on testing, the machine tells me the wired network is found and that i am connected?

So, any ideas on how to fix this problem? I can only assume that the MCR 610 can't access the internet somehow? Do i do a factory reset or what?

Any help would be much appreciated?

Callum.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Callum J said:
Hi.

I wonder if i could trouble all you knowledgable people with a query about my Marantz unit?

In the last few days i am finding it impossible to get any of my internet radio stations to play.

All i get is the "loading" notification flashing endlessly, and nowt else. I have tried to check for an update on the firmware; but no luck there either...just getting the "connecting" notification, and nothing else.

I've had no problems with the internet radio stations, or updating firmware up till now.

I use a wired connection to the router, and on testing, the machine tells me the wired network is found and that i am connected?

So, any ideas on how to fix this problem? I can only assume that the MCR 610 can't access the internet somehow? Do i do a factory reset or what?

Any help would be much appreciated?

Callum.

hi callum

id geuss it’s probably network related and difficulty talking to the router. More often not it is. You want to check your device is seen in the list of connected devices in your router interface settings. Make sure any router firewall or trust settings are off, check that no such restrictions are placed, and then mess about doing same over wi Fi settings. In the end you will get there.

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I've tried entering the router address you suggested, plus the Marantz Ip address in my web browser, but no luck. It just says "This site can't be reached" and "took too long to respond" I have done the connection test on the Marantz, and it has detected the network, and is connected.

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
At the moment i can't even check for a firmware update. It just says "connecting" for ages, but that's it...nothing happens.

The music server won't load either, so can't play any music stored onmy pc.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Get someone you know who is good a computers to come round. If you don’t you could say where you are, someone on here might help. What router / ip service do you have?

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Not got the 610 but I do have the 603. When that started behaving oddly, first noticed a problem using the USB input, I ended up having to do a Processor Reset. I was loathe to do it because all favourites saved on Internet Radio are lost, but Marantz support said it was the only option I had. It fixed my problem so it might sort yours out as well. It's in the manual.

Rick

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Most routers use a protocol called DHCP to assign IP addresses to devices on any given network. Typically they follow the format 192.168.x.x and use a range from .01 to about .255 though you can extend this if you need to depending on how many devices you plan to have using the network.

It's possible that, in assigning an IP address to your Marantz, that the router may have assigned one that it has already allocated to another device - practically speaking this means that the 2 devices would be fighting for attention from the router and may explain why you are getting these issues - though there may be other explanations. A 'static' IP address means that you override the router's ability to assign IP addresses dynamically and instead you 'reserve' an address for a particular device. This helps to avoid conflicts as the addresses are then unique. In theory anyway....

The start point will be to access your router settings page and you would do this by entering your router's IP address (as above, usually but not always, 192.168.0.1). If that isn't working then it looks like it's the wrong address for it so also try 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.100.1.

If that doesn't work and If you are using a Windows PC then go to the start menu and in the text field try typing in 'cmd' without the inverted commas. If that works you'll see a popup box and where the cursor is flashing type in 'ipconfig' again minus commas.

You'll then be presented with a lot of info you probably won't need but look for the one that says 'Default Gateway' or something similar and there should be an IP address displayed after it. Write that down, close the command box and then try typing the IP address you wrote down into your browser address and hit enter. That 'should' direct you to your router settings page. You'll probably be prompted for a username and password which I am assuming that you have never used before - they are usually printed somewhere on the base of the router. Try those and see if you can access the settings page.

That should allow you to have a look at the devices listed on your network and you'll be able to see and reserve IP addresses for your devices. I am a bit rusty with Windows as I am a Mac user but you can Google how to use ipconfig as it may vary with later versions of Windows with which I am not familiar.

A quick look at YouTube will reveal stuff to help you from there.

Hope that gets you started or at least points you in the right direction.

Edit: If you don't fancy doing that then an easy way to identify devices on your network and their assigned IPs is to download an app like Fing. It will scan your network and give you a list of devices. It won't fix the problem but at least you can rule duplicate IP addresses in or out pretty easily. Sorry, I didn't think about that last night before typing the above but I hope it helps you anyway.

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the advice offered, it's much appreciated.

Thankfully, the problem is solved and my internet radio is back up and running.

I managed to get a phone number for Marantz support in Belfast, and a very helpful guy called Johnny guided me through,i think, a microprocessor reset, using the buttons on the front of the unit. The machine reconnected, and very quickly everything is back to normal, as far as i know.

As they say....you learn something new every day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts