Marantz M-CR603 Wireless Network?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have a Marantz M-CR603 in my bedroom and would like to get internet radio on it. I dont really want to run a cable so if I bought a Wireless bridge would that work? I hope someone can answer my question, thank you.

A

Anonymous

I'm looking into possibly getting one of these

From wehat I've read; if you add Airplay to your system (I think it's a £40 upgrade that you download) you can listen to iTunes via your home wireless network and stream internet radio via iTunes etc...

I may be wrong though so I'm sure someone else will be along to clarify/confirm etc...

A

Anonymous

Not really interested in streaming from computer, I dont want computer switched on all the time i am listening to music, I only want an internet radio wireless solution.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
In which case an Ethernet bridge will do the job. Airplay will only work, as you say, if you have an Apple device from which to stream, but the bridge, once registered on your wireless network and plugged into the Marantz, will be 'seen' by the M-CR603 as an Ethernet connection.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to be a pain, but would the Netgear WNCE2001 do what i want, thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Anything to get rid of yet another cable gets my attention. I bought Airplay (£39) from Marantz to ensure no cables for iPhone or iTunes on the laptop.

So are these ethernet bridges compact and do they require mains connection?

If they are another visible 'box' requiring mains power then i'll not bother. (There is only a couple of feet of my ethernet cable visible and I will live with that unless the 'bridge' is a passive dongle thing that is invisible at the back of the Marantz.)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
So are these ethernet bridges compact and do they require mains connection?

Yes, and yes.

img-avChart.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts