Marantz M-CR603/NAS/iTunes - Oldie help please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

This has probably been covered somewhere but I can't find it - apologies if it has.

I'd like to replace my existing NAD separates system with the Marantz CR 603 and also access my iTunes library. Please could someone help with the following:

If I migrate my iTunes library from my iMac to a NAS can I access it directly (via powerline ethernet) and hence play all songs/playlists without the iMac being on or does the Airplay function only work with the iTunes App running on the iMac? I've seen reference to iTunes compatible NAS is this what would be required?

Sorry if dumb question but I'm struggling to keep up these days - ECC83 anyone!

Cheers

Terry

A

Anonymous

As I understand it, iTunes of some sort will need to be running to access and control an iTunes-Server NAS (I believe the QNap ones are well reviewed but haven't tried them myself) - usually the iTunes NAS appears under the sharing option in iTunes. However (and this is speculation, but "should" be the case), now that AirPlay/homesharing is all singing all dancing now after the latest iOS update, you should be able to see and control your iTunes NAS from an iPod/Pad/Phone, streaming to your Marantz or other AirPlay device... Hope that helps and with luck an iTunes-NAS-owning forum member can correct any errors...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Fred K,

Can anyone confirm what Fred has suggested? I tried a Sevenoaks branch last week and they were quite "iTunes vague" but recommended a Logitech Squeezebox Touch and Marantz PM6003 instead of the CR 603. Losing the will etc..! Cheers

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
AFAIK, to use Airplay you'll need the latest iTunes running somewhere on the network, just an 'iTunes NAS' won't cut it.

'iTunes NAS' came about when peeps hacked Apple's DAAP protocol for media access circa iTunes 4.0. Airplay is a different animal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts