Marantz M-CR 610 vs. budget separates

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Please help me in my decision!

What do you think the Marantz M-CR 610 can be as good as the folowing separates if you look after a smooth, warm, musical sound (not clinical sound, not harsh treble).

Sorry, no dealer with Marantz in my area, so I can not listen it

The Marantz M-CR 610 and the hifi separates have the same price, so the Marantz is very tempting becase it has internet radio and network facilit. in plus compared with separates.

I know there are very good all in one systems (like Arcam Solo Neo), but my budget is very limited
confused_smile.gif

The power is not realy important, I listen classical music at low/moderate volumes in a small room

The speakers will be Dali Zensor 3

The hifi combos are:

-Nad C 316BEE/Nad CD 516BEE

-Pioneer A 30/Pioneer PD 30 (I listened, and I liked the sound very much)

- Denon PMA 720AE/Denon DCD 720

-Yamaha A-S300/Yamaha CD 300

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Can I be honest...If you've heard the sound of something you already like for the same price, and you don't need the additional facilities the Marantz offers, I'd probably go with what you've already heard. Why take a chance on buying a product you can't audition first if you've already found something within your budget that you like.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
You are right, but if the Marantz has similar warm sound like for example Pioneer separates you will get a radio and network facilites in plus. I think (I suppose) expensive all in one systems can give a very sophisticated sound, which can be as good as sound of hifi separates.

I would like to read a comparative test budget hifi separates vs. all in one systems

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If your taste are modest and you don't require 'hifi' and the faffing around that comes with it, go with the marantz 610.

It'll most likely get more use than a CD only separates system. And has been well received by owners who have written/spoken about it.

The speakers should deliver a good sound regardless of choice.

Based only on what I have read here from users, I think the Marantz would be fine for your needs. You can see the extras as future-proofing and offering greater flexibility.

I do own Marantz, but from an earlier generation, and still fault-free after more than twenty years. Hard to beat at any given price point ime.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The Marantz all-in-ones and separates are not designed to compete with each other. Buy the M-CR610 if it's really what you need. Buy separates if they are what you really need.

Either you want a good quality, flexible, compact unit with CD, DAC, streaming, radio etc. all built in or you don't.

Pointless asking which is 'better'. I had better quality separates, but was I unhappy with them, so I bought the excellent M-CR603 back in early 2011 and I still love it.

What do you want?

pinballwizard

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
chebby said:
The Marantz all-in-ones and separates are not designed to compete with each other. Buy the M-CR610 if it's really what you need. Buy separates if they are what you really need.

Either you want a good quality, flexible, compact unit with CD, DAC, streaming, radio etc. all built in or you don't.

Pointless asking which is 'better'. I had better quality separates, but was I unhappy with them, so I bought the excellent M-CR603 back in early 2011 and I still love it.

What do you want?

Hi chebby,

Seeing that you are an M-CR603 owner and apparently quite a content one, could you please go more in depth on how this device actually sounds? What speakers are you using it with? If I'm interested in getting a warm non-fatiguing sound with a decent soundstage and punchy dynamics will I be able to obtain that or should I look elsewhere? I'm more into a cohesive, homogeneous sound than an overly analytical and detailed kind of sound. Mind you, I don't expect audiophile quality, of course, I realize this is a budget priced unit.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you, so I think Marantz M-CR 610 worth its price, and the sound difference compared with budget separates is minimal, possible inobservabile for a non audiophile ear.

pinballwizard

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I wish M-CR610 had some digital outputs - that would enable it to be used as a transport so one could hook up a better DAC to it (if need be). Otherwise, not much room for upgrade.

matthewpiano

Tibor said:
Thank you, so I think Marantz M-CR 610 worth its price, and the sound difference compared with budget separates is minimal, possible inobservabile for a non audiophile ear.

If I was buying now from scratch I wouldn't be able to afford my current set-up so if I had a budget of around £700 including speakers and everything I would undoubtedly go for the 610 with Zensor 3s.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Tibor said:

If I was buying now from scratch I wouldn't be able to afford my current set-up so if I had a budget of around £700 including speakers and everything I would undoubtedly go for the 610 with Zensor 3s.

Thank you Mathewpiano!

Is the Marantz M-CR 610 plus Dali Zensor 3 a warm, musical sounding combo with no harsh/metalic treble?

My prefered sound signature is for example like NAD C 326BEE and NAD 516BEE can give, you know there are many system, wich are highly detailed, but lack some fluidity and unlistenable for long period (more technical than musical)

If the Marantz plus Dali combo is similar will be my choice for sure!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts