Marantz m-cr 611 with active speakers and separate subwoofer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

judith.wirth

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi, i have been offered a Pair of almost new Dali Oberon 5 for 220 Euros. Should I give them a try or do you think my "Problem" is more on the amplifier-Side?

judith.wirth

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site
I am unsure as to how well your amp will drive them
Yes, this is the main question. I don't want just to buy a pair of speakers at a good price. It is always an effort to get them, set them up and eventually re-sell them. So, my question is, if i can expect an improvment at low volume with these speakers and my marantz.

I would look at buying a used pair of PMC DB1i or floor standing GB1i.

When Andrew Everard had the earlier incarnation 603s on home demo he tried with his GB1is & was delighted how well it performed. So it might be worthwhile for the OP to go & listen to PMCs newer range Twenty

judith.wirth

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site
I would look at buying a used pair of PMC DB1i or floor standing GB1i.

When Andrew Everard had the earlier incarnation 603s on home demo he tried with his GB1is & was delighted how well it performed. So it might be worthwhile for the OP to go & listen to PMCs newer range Twenty
Thanks, very interesting. unfortunately, It seems that they are not available in switzerland.

For Judiths budget I would suggest these if standmounts are required, or it's floorstanding cousin....

Some of the most amplifier friendly speakers I know.

Reactions: judith.wirth
For Judiths budget I would suggest these if standmounts are required, or it's floorstanding cousin....

Any speaker with 8 ohms & 87db upwards should be fine. It can't be less gutsy than the earlier models. That's why I mentioned older PMCs. I drove a set of DB1s with my 40 watt Arcam without any issue.

manicm

Judith, if you can reserve and slightly stretch your 1500 to 2000 Euros, and you like Marantz, I would look at the PM7000N and the Focal Chora 826 AIears suggested.

You could also consider the much cheaper Q Acoustics 3050i, which would then be within your stated budget.

BTW I don't recall which subwoofer you have?

Here's a Swiss retailer https://www.mueller-spring.ch/. They seem large and established so you may be familiar. Maybe you can shop around.

judith.wirth

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site

Oh, the MV2 seem to meet my expectations pretty well:)

judith.wirth

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site
Judith, if you can reserve and slightly stretch your 1500 to 2000 Euros, and you like Marantz, I would look at the PM7000N and the Focal Chora 826 AIears suggested.

You could also consider the much cheaper Q Acoustics 3050i, which would then be within your stated budget.

BTW I don't recall which subwoofer you have?

Here's a Swiss retailer https://www.mueller-spring.ch/. They seem large and established so you may be familiar. Maybe you can shop around.
Thanks for the recommendation of a set.

I know müller spring and they are not far away from me. I have planned a visit there.

Hi, the qacoustics are also often recommended with the m-cr 611. do you think they wold be an improvement at low levels over my dali zensor 3?
Personally I do not.
To get good sound at a low volume you need efficient speakers with large drivers, the Q Acoustics are neither of these, my humble opinion only of course.
Most reviews are carried out at 'normal' listening levels only.
Quite a few amplifiers have a 'Loudness ' button specifically for this situation. I assume yours does not.

Last edited:

manicm

Judith, Mueller does not seem to stock them, but enquire about Klipsch. A leftfield choice, and you really do need to hear them, but one of their many floorstanders may just do the trick with your 611. They're very efficient. RP5000F is one model to look at.

Just found out Digistore in Switzerland stocks Klipsch.

Another speaker worth a try is the Monitor Audio Bronze 200.

But I suspect a Klipsch may just tide you over for a good while if you find it's to your taste.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts