Marantz DV6001 Vs DV7001

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've just ordered a Panasonic TX32-LXD700 TV, Kef KHT3005SE Speakers, and an Onkyo SR606 Amp and wondered which of the above DVD players would suit it best? I would like to get the best picture and sound from movies, as well as using it as the main cd player (I have an Onkyo CR-715DAB with Monitor Audio Bronze BR2s as secondary cd player).

I wondered if the DV7001 is really £300 better than the DV6001 in terms of CD music quality, and if so, would I notice the difference with the Amp/Speaker package that I have ordered.

Finally which should I expect to sound better with CDs, the DVD player with above packages or the CR715 set-up?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

What is your budget ? If you can afford the DV7001, why not go for it ? I am very happy with mine, both in terms of CD and DVD performance. My thinking would be, that if you had the DV7001 it will outperform the amp and speakers (in my opinion), therefore not requiring further upgrade, if you change the amp or speakers in afew years . Maybe that's just me ?

I think with your system you might be perfectly happy with the DV6001, and be able to save the extra £300. But if the
£300 is burning a hole in your pocket ??

In terms of CD's, I think the CR715 with the MA Bronze could be the nicer sound.

A

Anonymous

For a 32inch Screen the DV6001 is more than suitable. 42 and above then yep, go for the DV7001. Save your money and go for the DV6001

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your thoughts, I didn't expect the DV7001 to be 'too good' for the Kefs and Onkyo (following their reviews) with regard to music playback. Just a correction to my amp:

Onkyo SR606 Amp

Its actually the TX-SR605

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts