Marantz CD6002 CD player / Marantz PM6002 amplifier / B&W 685 loudspeakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm contemplating replacing my ageing Denon DF10 / Mission 780 system with the above set up. My listening room measures approximately 6 metres x 4.2 metres. I've auditioned the Arcam Solo coupled with my existing Missions based solely on reviews and I was far from impressed. Has anyone else either auditioned my proposed new system or even invested in the set up. I listen to every type of music with the exception of Opera and Rap.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That would be one lovely system. We heard it when we were conducting the one-make systems test in our current, January issue. While comparing the Rotel and Marantz systems in that test, we swapped various components out to create mix-and-match systems - just for our own interest/enjoyment.

The B&W speakers made a big difference to the Marantz set-up - the system offered a great combination of meaty yet refined sound.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare, would the B&W 685 also work well with my Marantz PM7001/CD6002 ?

Looking to upgrade my speakers which currently are a pair of Q Acoustics 1010 (previously driven by a micro system). Considering Epos M5 & MA RS1 too.

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I've taken the plunge and I've invested in the above system. What a superbly balanced set up it is too!

I've listened to some CD albums that I've had longer than I care to imagine and I've heard instruments and passages of music not heard before. The most notable being Bryan Ferry's 'Another Time Another Place' which I've been listening to for the last 30 years; Now so much more detail!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts