Marantz BD5004

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Can't seem to find any reviews on this player? Anybody got one? Would it be an upgrade over a Sony BDP-S350 or a sideways step?

Seen a nice deal on it for £270, normally £450.............

Thanks

A

Anonymous

see this link

http://bluray-players.net/marantz/marantz-bd5004-review/

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Bips for that link, seems good, just wondering has anyone seen one in action? Quick lads before someone else buys it
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

its a really good deal get it

Im Jealous already

I have the sony bdp s350 as well as a ps3 so not sure what i would do with another so will stick to this.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got this yesterday to go with a NR1501.

Compared to a PS3 which I thought had a good picture this ups the detail considerably. Though Avatar took longer to load than on the PS3 it was def worth the wait.

If you got it for £270 well done. I paid 400 and am still happy.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't got one at home at mo. Marantz keep putting supply date of a new one back, so spoken with Peter Tyson and they're sending me an ex-display.

I'm starting from nothing so perhaps not the best judge, all I know its way better than the PS3 & soundbar I had.

I will be using it with Monitor Audio BR5s (front), MA BR1s (rear) and a BRW10 / BRLCR.

I fancied the NR1501 cos its about half the height of most other amps and seemed a good match (aesthetically as well) to the BDP. Wanted a universal player as didn't want to keep a sep hi-fi and the Marantz items seemed a good budget fit.

The amp is due on Tuesday, so I'll know how it all sounds in my lounge from then.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The NR1501 and Monitor Audios sound fantastic.

What I like about the NR1501 is although I'm a complete newcomer to HC its set-up and operation is simple. AV amps had always put me off before cos they looked so complicated

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts