• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Marantz amps warm sounding?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
739
298
5,270
That's a great position to be in. I'm happy you got there. Certainly wouldn't suggest changing anything.

I've done about 15 months of heavy box swapping and I'm 95% of the way there too :)
 

Blacksabbath25

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2015
252
51
10,970
insider9 said:
That's a great position to be in. I'm happy you got there. Certainly wouldn't suggest changing anything.

I've done about 15 months of heavy box swapping and I'm 95% of the way there too :)
I wouldn’t say no to some Dali epicon 8s but the trouble is they are £12000 and to be honest I have very seriously thought about buying rubicon 8s at £4000 but the trouble is would they be much different to the opticon 8s as the opticon 8s uses some of the technology from the rubicons its a hard one . Still thinking on that one
 

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
739
298
5,270
Blacksabbath25 said:
insider9 said:
That's a great position to be in. I'm happy you got there. Certainly wouldn't suggest changing anything.

I've done about 15 months of heavy box swapping and I'm 95% of the way there too :)
I wouldn’t say no to some Dali epicon 8s but the trouble is they are £12000 and to be honest I have very seriously thought about buying rubicon 8s at £4000 but the trouble is would they be much different to the opticon 8s as the opticon 8s uses some of the technology from the rubicons its a hard one . Still thinking on that one 
I'd skip the Rubicons. Ex display Epicon 6 can be had for £6k. I've heard them (or was it the 8's) and was most impressed. The usual Dali traits but more of everything and beautifully disappearing into the room. Great sound.
 

Blacksabbath25

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2015
252
51
10,970
insider9 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
insider9 said:
That's a great position to be in. I'm happy you got there. Certainly wouldn't suggest changing anything.

I've done about 15 months of heavy box swapping and I'm 95% of the way there too :)
I wouldn’t say no to some Dali epicon 8s but the trouble is they are £12000 and to be honest I have very seriously thought about buying rubicon 8s at £4000 but the trouble is would they be much different to the opticon 8s as the opticon 8s uses some of the technology from the rubicons its a hard one . Still thinking on that one
I'd skip the Rubicons. Ex display Epicon 6 can be had for £6k. I've heard them (or was it the 8's) and was most impressed. The usual Dali traits but more of everything and beautifully disappearing into the room. Great sound.
I really like the Epicons but can’t afford £12000 but it’s an old speaker now Dali has just updated the technology inside but they are beautiful speakers I would want them in walnut if I had the money I can only wish
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts