Many a good tune played on an old ------

Chris Munden

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Any body still using the original Creek 4040 amp and an old turntable such as as a Rega or Thorens etc. I have an old Rega Planar 3/RB300 arm, and Audio Technica AT440 cartridge, a more recent purchase, hooked up to my old Creek 4040 amp and a pair of ancient CELEF domestic 2 speakers, you know what, it sounds rather good. Lets hear if you are still using very old gear. Yes, I have some more up to date bits and pieces but my Planar 3 is still in use as that is the only turntable I have. I was really surprised at the quality of the sound from that old system, makes you wonder sometimes!

Chris Munden said:
Any body still using the original Creek 4040 amp and an old turntable such as as a Rega or Thorens etc. I have an old Rega Planar 3/RB300 arm, and Audio Technica AT440 cartridge, a more recent purchase, hooked up to my old Creek 4040 amp and a pair of ancient CELEF domestic 2 speakers, you know what, it sounds rather good. Lets hear if you are still using very old gear. Yes, I have some more up to date bits and pieces but my Planar 3 is still in use as that is the only turntable I have. I was really surprised at the quality of the sound from that old system, makes you wonder sometimes!

Developed has come a long way hasn't it ;-)

I remember the old Celefs, lovely speakers. Nothing at all wrong with the turntable either it is surprising the quality of cartridge that set-up could take.

Creek haven't made a duff amplifier that I know of.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts