Manticore Mantra Service/Repair

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a 20 year old Manticore Mantra turntable I wold like to bring back to life. It has sat under under a wardrobe for 17 years and I will need some healing hands to bring it back to life. The days of a decent hi-fi shop in every town are long gone, so I would be really grateful if anyone can suggest where I might take it for for some TLC. I live in Bedfordshire.

A

Anonymous

Great - Thanks very much for taking the trouble to reply

A

Anonymous

Hi.

i have a mantra that i brought dirrectly from Doug back in 96. i was in the process of upgrading it when i lost touch with doug.

i have the mb5 power supply but was keen to up grade the arm from the moth arm to one of dougs musician arms.

i have just replaced the motor which has propted me to look at this forum and would be very interested if you are avalible to do a service for me and also if you know where i may be able to put my hands on a musician arm or any other upgrade parts for it.

i live in Raunds so am not to far from biggleswade.

if you could let me know if you are able to help i would be most gratefull.

Many thanks.

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

As per posts above, I've had my MM stored in the loft for more years than i care to remember and long for the time i can listen to my vinyl et al
rockout.gif

I'm a half hour drive from biggleswade and would love to know if anyone's got hold of doug to do a service. Please post or PM a reply if poss.

Many thanks

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Yesterday I collect my Mantra from Inspire Hi Fi, where I took it to be upgraded.

Acos Lustre GST-1 arm, replaced with Rega RB301.

Glass platter, replaced with 10mm acrylic platter.

Felt mat, replaced with Inspire's Acri Mat.

Plinth substantially stiffened and now weighs about twice what it did. Robert Isherwood suggested this would give the best sonic improvement.

Finally, for cosmetic reasons only, reveneered in light oak to match my Spendor A5s.

I'm delighted; it looks and sounds superb.

A

Anonymous

Ifor, out of curiosity, how did the sound change from being "Inspired"?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
mephistophelean said:
Ifor, out of curiosity, how did the sound change from being "Inspired"?

I'm sorry if this reply takes a few days to appear (it's now 18:35 on Saturday), but all my posts seem to get stopped for moderator approval and appear about 4 days late!!

I was dreading such a question. I love beer, but I couldn't write tasting notes. It's similar with listening to hi fi; I'm not very good at describing it, but my feeling is that I now hear more of the music. Greater depth. Poor vinyl is more obvious when compared to a good disc. How much can be attributed to the new arm and how much to the "inspiration" I couldn't say.

Hi! I too have a manticore mantra that I would like to use again after a long long time (sorry if I am adding to this thread but I need your expertise)

I am in the Philippines and the electricity here is at 220V 60 HZ whereas the Mantra works on 230V 50Hz, therefore my records play very fast. Any suggestions how to fix this? Thank you!

I recently had to take my turntable somewhere so tightened the transit Allen bolts so it wouldn't get damaged and packed it in the original box with the packaging. When I brought it back and unpacked it I loosened the transit bolts but now the platters not level and judders.I've tried to adjust the bolts again but nothing happens.Until now I've been very satisfied with the turntable as it sounds excellent.

Desprez

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my name is Antonino. I’m writing from Italy.

I have a Manticore mod. Mantra turntable. I’m looking for a new belt. But it’s not so easy…

Can you help me and give me some suggest?

Below some tech info:

Ø plate 147 mm

Ø motor 19 mm

Distance 117 mm

With this values I’ve calculate a Ø of 530 mm, but I think that the ring mus to be more less..

Thank you. Antonino

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts