Making the most of my Sony STR-DN1080

NoExpert

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
Hello.

In my loft I have a NAIM Nait 3 and a barely used AUDIOLAB 8200CB. In my living room I have the Sony STR-DN1080 AV Receiver. At some point I suppose that I should get rid of the Naim and Audiolab but you know how it is.

The DN1080 is generally pretty impressive and a few years ago at the Bristol HiFi show it was explained to me why that is the case, but I'm wondering if I can improve things with the addition of extra hardware? At the moment my music is stored (lossless) in iTunes and played off my iPhone 8 (256GB) via Airplay through the DN1080.

Space is a big issue for me so, is it possible to significantly improve the quality of the music I have by adding a 'box' that allows me to play music via the Sony (pass-through?) and still make use of my existing Audiolab speaker system?

Hope this makes sense.

If you are aiming for a pure stereo system sell on the DN1080.
sell everything if you must but work out what exactly is what is your end goal and what sources you are likely to use.
when you say speaker system is the 1080 used as a home theatre setup?
if it is then this should be posted in the Home Cinema sub forum

Last edited:

NoExpert

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
If you are aiming for a pure stereo system sell on the DN1080.
sell everything if you must but work out what exactly is what is your end goal and what sources you are likely to use.
when you say speaker system is the 1080 used as a home theatre setup?
if it is then this should be posted in the Home Cinema sub forum

Speaker wise I have a Centre speaker, remote Sub and two Side speakers.

Having looked into this a little more, I think that I'm wanting to know if it is possible to add a dedicated integrated music streamer (streamer + amp) that plays THROUGH the 1080 to connect it to my existing speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts