mains udgrade advice, please

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
hi everyone,

I'm almost in my idea of hi-fi nirvana.

The components I have are brilliant, but I'm using bog standard cables.

I have the cdp, amp and speakers, which, after having for a month and listening to for a good five hours a night, still makes me smile.

After a boozy rendez-vous with flea-bay, I am the soon-to-be owner of a Van Den Hul 'Thunderline' intrerconnect.

I'm having a home demo of Van Den Hul's CS122 speaker cable next week.

I have a mains conditioner

So, that just leaves the mains cable(s). I'm about to order 'Copperline Alpha'. How many do I need? Do all the components of the system benefit from upgraded mains? 

Many thanks 

P.S. any opinions on the VDH CS122? 

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hello Bretty,

All of your components should benefit from a Copper-line Alpha Power Cable. Some customers decide to purchase one or two cables to use on key components, evaluate performance gains and then purchase additional cables if desired. However since you have a mains conditioner it would be advisable to use a Copper-line Alpha Power Cable (or other shielded power cable) on each component that is connected to the mains conditioner. If unshielded power cables are used then they can pick up airborne noise after the power has been filtered. This noise will then be transferred to connected components thereby undoing any conditioning that has been done. Also once noise gets into your system through any weak link (i.e., unshielded power cable) then this can be transferred between components through cross-contamination.

Cannot comment on the VHD CS122 but am sure that many people on the forums will have experiences and opinions.

As you may already know we offer a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee so you can try our power cables without risk.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Darren

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts