Mains Problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am using a cheap set,

Trends TA-10.1 amp and a Trends UD-10

I want upgrading my set but there is the problem

there are sudden spikes when im listening to music or even youtube

im using a mac and sometimes use windows that i also installed on my mac, i found out that the problem is much worse in windows compare to mac.

I thought the trends power supply unit, RA silencer or a RA mains extension,

any suggestions?

idc

Ig you unplug your Mac and use the battery, is the problem still there? If not you may have a ground loop interference and your solution is on Amazon for under £10. Just search ground loop.

A

Anonymous

I tried to use the battery pack and plug it to my ud-10, the problem is still there but not that frequent. Then i tried a better extension, its even better than using the battery pack but still the problem is there.

Sorry, may u explain how the ground loop works, Thanks

idc

Ground loop is electrical interference between different pieces of equipment, caused by a difference in how they are grounded so that unwanted current can flow from one to the other.

From what you say regards the use of the battery and a better extension a mains conditioner may well be the solution. I am happy with my RA The Silencer, though it has had variable effects in different houses with different systems. There are cheaper versions available such as from Tacima. Just buy from somewhere with a returns policy.

A

Anonymous

And should i plug the silencer in my extension or a main socket?

Do u think the silencer can fully solve my problem, is one enough?

I just want to make sure.Thx

idc

I have my The Silencer pluged into the first socket of my mains extension. I have never lived anywhere where there was enough wall sockets to spare one for The Silencer.

I have no idea if it will fully solve the porblem, but at least if you by from RA you have a money back guarantee. I have always found RA to be very helpful. You could e-mail them first and explain the problem and see what they say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts