Mains Conditioner

stew232

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, im looking for a 2, 3 or 4 socket mains conditioner.

I already own a Tacima CS929C 6 socket mains conditioner and it works great for my PC but id like something smaller for my tv setup. Ideally it would only have 2 sockets and have individual switches on it. Does anyone know of such a device as im having no luck in finding any ?

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have you looked on what russ andrews can offer or had a look on the e bay?

Afaik, to put things into perspective, the cost of a tacima is alot of kit for your money, if its not a tacima, i would have thought it will either be a cheap copy or an expensive well made bit of kit like what russ andrews do.

Hi stew232

Although not mains conditioners but i'll recommend that you should also consider Wilkinson Stores mains blocks.

Fwiw, i use Wilkinson Stores mains extension blocks with some of our components such as Chord Electronics QBD76 DAC, ATC SCA2, etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

stew232

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
WOW russ andrews is expensive. The Russ Andrews X2 Block would be great if it wasn't for its £165 price. Iv looked at clearer audio, russ andrews (thank you tj27) and done searches on ebay and google but cant find anything.

Ideally i don't want to spend over £50 so if i cant find anything in the next few days il just buy another tacima.

Musicraft thanks but i really want it to be a mains conditioner.

stew232

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Its looking likely il get another tacima CS929C unless someone can come up with an alernative. Iv been looking about and wondered if putting ferrite clamps on the tacima CS929C would be a good idea?

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
stew232 said:
Hi, im looking for a 2, 3 or 4 socket mains conditioner.

I already own a Tacima CS929C 6 socket mains conditioner and it works great for my PC but id like something smaller for my tv setup. Ideally it would only have 2 sockets and have individual switches on it. Does anyone know of such a device as im having no luck in finding any ?

Have you considered the IXOS XHP420 http://www.ixos.co.uk/eu/ixos-products-detail.asp?PROID=593&Category=25?

This IXOS is intended for flat panel TV's - it even comes with brackets to mount it on the wall behind the screen or the back of the screen itself. It gives you the protection you want, has the two sockets you need, and even has a switch. The only downside is that as it's intentionally very slim, you'd need to change your standard wall plugs (maplins sell the ones you'd need for a couple of quid each).

Around the time What-Hifi gave the Tacima a "best for value" award, they also gave the Ixos XHP420 a "best all-round conditioner" award in the category above. The IXOS was around £160, but it's been discontinued recently so you can pick them up on ebay for about £50 new - so it fits your budget too. Plenty of glowing reviews on the web.

As for ferrites on a Tacima, I personally doubt it's worth it. The purpose of ferrites are to reduce RFI - but the Tacima cable is already screened, and the choke in it is intended to reduce RFI anyway. But you could try it and see...

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Dont seem to able to find the Belkin Pure AV FP30. Not produced now? Picked mine up for around £50. Bargain I guess.

Cheers

On a slightly different tack - I use RF remote mains plugs to switch some of my kit. Not the Sky box. I do wonder if this effects the SQ. Convenience is important tho' so I don't worry too much.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Dont seem to able to find the Belkin Pure AV FP30. Not produced now? Picked mine up for around £50. Bargain I guess.

Yeah, the PureAV PF30 was a gift - it originally sold for around the £200 mark, and when Belkin decided to discontinue them, I picked 2 up for £13 each! But that was about 2 years ago now...

Personally, from an electrical/conditioning standpoint, I think the PF30 was one of the best all-round conditioners ever made, irrespective of price.

stew232

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply.

Wireman cheers for the suggestion but the IXOS XHP420 would be too much hassle as id prefer something i can simply plug in and out easily. As for ferrites on the tacima i remembered shortly after posting that the cable is shielded and so they would probably do nothing and you've pretty much confirmed that, so oh well.

I think il just get another tacima which leaves me with a bit of my initial budget to spend. Im interestted in these cables by Clearer Audio. Id be buying it for my pc monitor or for the the pc itself and was wondering if they are worth the money. These are the options i was thinking off:

1m

Standard uk mains plug

Standard IEC

Fuse unkown till i take a look at whats there already

Fuse treatment

1x Super suppresor

no burn in

That comes to £31. Is it worth it ?

TRENDING THREADS