MAINS CABLE QUESTION ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i have a sony sta1200es ps3 and marantz dv7001, I also have a merlin black widow merlin trantula 1 and a isotek premium. Could you advise me of which cables would suit each device ?( i have been swapping them over but im not sure) i could use some advice please. Im also going to get a 50" plasma any recomends clearer audio ? atlas? merlin? arh to many....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Mr McAlpine? This is your 3.41am alarm call...

Sorry, furbs, in-joke!

Seriously, I wouldn't spend a fortune on mains cables for those components, but would simply say you should try replacing the standard mains cables on each device with the ones you have, and see whether you can see/hear a difference. If you can, all well and good - if not, you've saved yourself some money.

FWIW I have Chord Co Power Chords on my player, receiver and TV, and am convinced I can see/hear some improvements, but I know others on here would say such improvements can't/don't exist.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi Furbs Further to Andrews very worthy suggestion, should you reach the conclusion that you need additional cables, Merlin are selling direct on eBay and an eBay seller called Kingsway71 is also selling Tanatula cables.

A

Anonymous

I agree with Andrew, however i'd add that having owned both Merlin black widow and tarantula, as well as a number of others, i much prefer other power cables, even the cheaper ones. The basic Isotek cable was better when i compared them. Unfortunately this was a while ago, and i'm not sure i remember quite how they sounded. Something like a big but muddy bass, recessed treble, and overall rather insipid, but as i say i'm not sure i remember exactly (there are more important things to remember in life i guess!). Still better than the default power cables, but the better your system, the more you'll notice the differences.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="peteAllen"]but the better your system, the more you'll notice the differences.[/quote]

IMO the better my system, the less I noticed the different!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="peteAllen"]but the better your system, the more you'll notice the differences.[/quote]

IMO the better my system, the less I noticed the different![/quote]

How strange that we have opposite experiences. Maybe i've become a lot more sensitive to listening / sound as i've upgraded. I know i can hear the mobile phone vibrating on the table on the other side of the house, which always shocks my girlfriend, yet i'm pretty bad at hearing conversations in a noisy pub.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="peteAllen"]How strange that we have opposite experiences.[/quote]

That is what make the world go round :)

I just bought a 2 set of Balanced cables and swap with single end in my system, my friend think my system sound a lot better with them but I thought it was bright and too in your face! and we were listening together at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts