Magazine Suggestion...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been an avid read of WHF for a few years now, I think the information you provide is some of the best available. I have one niggle/suggestion with your current format in the magazine though... I am getting increasingly frustrated that the 'Buyers Guide' is not also moving with the HD times (so to speak).

Key information about next generation equipment is being 'lost' as it is being classified with non-HD kit. There are key abilities in the HD arena that you yourselves are championing but not providing any information about the abilities of equipment in the 'Buyers Guide'.

I don't really care if my Blu-Ray or HD DVD player has a scart output, I want to know:
  • Can it output 1080p24;
  • Does it support Deep Colour;
  • What version of HDMI it has;
  • Can it decode or pass HD audio, like DTS-HD...etc...
The same principles apply to HD TV's and A/V Receivers, I am not too bothered if my 50 inch Full HD Plasma has an S-Video input or not, I am concerned about its support of key HD technologies.

I know that displaying information about support of key HD technologies in the 'Buyers Guide' would add a lot for me and allow greater comparison and understanding of HD kit.

What do others think?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I couldn't agree more - we've been wanting to add these categories for some time, but are now in the process of moving to a brand-new database as part of 'phase two' of this very website (due next year), which will feed full tech-specs, reviews and star ratings to you all online.

As soon as the back-end of this database is ready, we can update the magazine design, but not before, apparantly - very frustrating for you and us, I can assure you, but the end goal will be worth it. Watch this space for news....

A

Anonymous

Must admit the new website is great, and looking forward to the new stuff too. It's good to be able to swap ideas with other readers even if I post fairly infrequently compared to some.

A

Anonymous

From what you say I can't wait to look at the new website and magazine design (I thought the update to the website was great to start with!).

I look forward to 2008!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts