Magazine in Australia

AKMH

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I am still awaiting for the January 2011 UK edition of What HiFi to arrive at newsagents here in Perth. After calling several newsagents, I have been informed that they have no confirmed availability date for the Jan '11 edition, although most local stores were expecting last week. It genuinely is frustrating that we have to wait so long to purchase the magazine, whereas UK readers now have the March '11 edition. Is it possible for the distributers to transport current editions via airmail to international destinations? I'm sure many readers find it disappointing that we have to catch up with past copies after agonising and uncertain waiting periods. Of course, reading the latest reviews online is partial consolation but still not the same as reading the actual magazine. Will there ever be a day when international readers can read the current edition as in the UK?

A

Anonymous

Really sorry to hear of your difficulties getting hold of the mag. I have spoken to our overseas distributor, and the seafreight edition (January) is due to go on sale next week. The Jan issue may have been delayed by the flooding, but generally speaking the seafreight edition is on sale 6-8 weeks behind the UK.

We do have an airfreight edition too, for an extra $4 an issue, and this is on sale about 1 - 2 weeks after the UK publication date. So the March issue should land within the next 2 weeks. It may be worth asking your newsagent to put a copy aside for you each month - most are happy to do this. A list of retailers in Perth are:

Airfreight edition: Borders 625-635 Hay Street, Cloisters 863 Hay Street

Seafreight edition: Borders (as above), Cloisters (as above), QV1 News QV1 Plaza 250 St Georges tce, Forrest Chase, Busport Lotteries Mounts Bay Road, Angus & Robertson 195 Murray Street

As an alternative option, Australian subscribers receive their copy approx 2-3 weeks after the UK publication date. For overseas subscription rates go to www.themagazineshop.com or +44 (0)1795 592 971.

I hope that helps you.

AKMH

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Rachael, thank you very much for the useful information. My local newsagent should be getting the Jan 11 edition soon. In the meantime, I will probably subscribe online as I've noticed that this is more cost-effective and ensures regular availaibility.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts