MA RX6s first impressions...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

i wanted the green ones , but they sounded too fresh ..

i liked the yellow , but they sounded bright ..

tried the blue ones , too cold..

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:cheers , el gelimoto..
emotion-4.gif

emotion-2.gif
I hope that is a man's name.

A

Anonymous

visionary:Well impressed. Glad you like them, planning to go and have a listen to a pair myself once the builder goes away
cheers , yes id defo give them some thought , i think theyre great ..

A

Anonymous

gel:
maxflinn:cheers , el gelimoto..
emotion-4.gif

emotion-2.gif
I hope that is a man's name.
its the name of a famous mexican buy one get one free warlord
emotion-5.gif

maxflinn:

gel:

Nice one Max
emotion-21.gif
I have just worked out which speakers you were talking about, very nice.

I also have heard they are a good match for pioneer's, perhaps a future upgrade to a pioneer amp
emotion-5.gif

You will have to post a picture in the future in the your system section.

Nice one.
thanks gel
emotion-21.gif
, regarding a new av amp , well i wouldnt consider it , my yamaha will suffice for movies , im more into listening to music really , and i cant imagine needing a more musical sound than im getting right now
emotion-21.gif

i want to get an av stand before posting a my system thread , hopefully in the next few weeks , heres a pic as is...

newest013.jpg

Unlike most I can't say "wow, they look great," purely because they're almost identical to my RS6s. Yes MA certainly know how to cultivate wonderful looking boxes.

Nice looking system though, max...
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

cheers pp , id say "getting there" , but i think for me its "got there" , collective phew
emotion-4.gif

maxflinn:

i wanted the green ones , but they sounded too fresh ..

i liked the yellow , but they sounded bright ..

tried the blue ones , too cold..

Can't stop laughing!
emotion-2.gif

That's a great set of speakers you've got there Max!
emotion-21.gif

Waiting for your completed system pics....

A

Anonymous

hi max, good choice
emotion-21.gif

if you are after a good stand there is a place near me called "stand and deliver", i don't know where you are in the country but they have 2 showrooms in paddock wood,kent.

I found them to be excellent and very helpfull.

If you can't visit the showroom they offer free delivery on there stands.

enjoy the RX6's they get even better when run in!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

thanks jaxwired , yes they are very nice to behold , ma certainly know how to make a quality speaker
emotion-21.gif

cheers bigboss , i dont think the penny dropped with ear , maybe its the wrong colour
emotion-3.gif
, ill get some pics up once ive got a nice stand sorted
emotion-1.gif

hi thestig , i live in ireland , hopefully i can source a decent stand around here
emotion-21.gif
, yes everyone agrees re. the rx6 burn in , looking forward to even better sound
emotion-4.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Glad youre all sorted Max

System looks superb now and I feel that it probably sounds it as well
emotion-5.gif

Like you said; let the system settle in and it'll be a belter!

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:Glad youre all sorted Max

System looks superb now and I feel that it probably sounds it as well
emotion-5.gif

Like you said; let the system settle in and it'll be a belter!thanks very much dan ,
emotion-21.gif
and thanks for all your advice these last few weeks , im delighted with these speakers , absolute quality , yes ill leave them to do their job now , and ill just enjoy them
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Speakers and system look brilliant Max, no doubt sound it too.

I am pretty good at fighting upgrade-itis, but when I see kit like this it becomes incredibly difficult.

Nice one!!!!!!!!!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

max... you are going to love that MA sound...........one thing..........from your picture.there is a big tile space infront of your system.

A well placed large rug in front of it could help the sound significantly! I really think organising your room acoustics is muchoo importantooo.

D

A

Anonymous

brittondave:
max... you are going to love that MA sound...........one thing..........from your picture.there is a big tile space infront of your system.

A well placed large rug in front of it could help the sound significantly! I really think organising your room acoustics is muchoo importantooo.

D
thats interesting bd , in what way would a rug help ? i understand it would absorb some sound , but what aspects of the sound would benefit ?

A

Anonymous

it should help with the bass.....i.e surpressing boom.....and tightening it up further......it can help with standing waves in the room as well...........may be a couple of bean bags or indoor plants in the corners of the room.......and by decreasing bass boom it makes way for a clearer more detailed midrange..........

It's all about avoiding reflective materials as much as possible........so one hears exactly whats coming out of the speakers rather than a reflection of sound off the floor........

for instance....stick a choir in St paul's cathedral and the singers can use the incredible reverb acoustics to their advantage........however stick the Prodigy in the same environment and it will basicaly sound rubbish ,,,cluttered, .....and a mess

any way ....hope this helps

A

Anonymous

cheers , ill bear that info in mind , i cant say the bass sounds boomy at the moment , but ill get a loan of a rug off my mam , throw it down and see if those ma,s sounds better
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS