MA RS6

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have no issues with the treble with my RS6's either but i think thats down to the amp and CDP combo i've got.

I think if you partner the RS6's with forward separates then you'll get harsh/forward treble.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]I have no issues with the treble with my RS6's either but i think thats down to the amp and CDP combo i've got.

I think if you partner the RS6's with forward separates then you'll get harsh/forward treble.
[/quote]
It's also taste. They're renowned for being 'zingy' in the treble and I think this is the MA signature. It's not what I'd call transparent but I've really enjoyed owning my MA RS1s. For the cash the RS6 is pretty good but the Rega R5 or even R3 might just take the award.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="igglebert"]For the cash the RS6 is pretty good but the Rega R5 or even R3 might just take the award.[/quote]

Might? There's not one area I can think of the MA's are superior to either Rega's.

Bass, detail, openness, real dynamics, coherence and fun to listen to without any fatigue. The only problem is they sound better the more you throw at them fiscally speaking so the limitations are normally the kind of amplifier/player used with them though the Brio is a great starting point.

A

Anonymous

Drummerman...would you recommend the Brio or Mira to drive floorstanders in a large room (17' x 30').

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Thats a large space and you have to try at home. I'd say to look elsewhere for amplification if you spend more than the Brio though it might be adequate with efficient speakers. Cyrus8,Nait,Myryad are all good alternatives with more power although more costly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts