MA radius hd vs B&W mt 30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ithink im goin to have to give in to a style speaker package as it will be the only way to stop my neighbour complaning. So the ? is whats better the radius hd with a decent sub or mt 30 with pv1 and are they any good for music??? i may also consider the quad lites mark 2 when they come out. my rooms 5m x 4m and i need amp suggestions im thinking yamaha

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Arf69:Ithink im goin to have to give in to a style speaker package as it will be the only way to stop my neighbour complaning. So the ? is whats better the radius hd with a decent sub or mt 30 with pv1 and are they any good for music??? i may also consider the quad lites mark 2 when they come out. my rooms 5m x 4m and i need amp suggestions im thinking yamaha

I think the old R90s with the RSW12 is better than the MT30s so I would go for the HD Radius. Sevenoaks stock both so go and try them out.

A

Anonymous

Hi gotta ask y did you comment on the old ones i take it you havnt heard the new ones?? im booked in to demo them my fear is ive just listened to the ma rs6 pack with these speakers sound rubbish in comparison??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Arf69:Hi gotta ask y did you comment on the old ones i take it you havnt heard the new ones?? im booked in to demo them my fear is ive just listened to the ma rs6 pack with these speakers sound rubbish in comparison??

I have the old ones as my two rear speakers and the rest of the RS6AV set up. You won't get style speakers sounding in the same league as the RS6AV set up, you've got to be realistic.

A

Anonymous

'think im goin to have to give in to a style speaker package as it will be the only way to stop my neighbour complaning.'

What are you on about?
The sound coming through the walls will be the sound coming through the walls!

However something like the MA RS6 package will be a unbeatable musical sound for the money, your neighbour will still complain
(as you will probably be enjoying it too much) but I suppose you could always buy yourself a rubbish music system so you don't listen to it! Ha Ha

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the sarcasm but its not helping the reason for the mt30s is someone suggested that they would be better suited to my situation as the rs6 produce alot of bass which will travel into my neighbour who will just want an argument over it

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
With any style system, the bulk of the bass is gonna be produced by the sub. Conventional speaker system will produce bass from the sub, but bigger speakers (such as the RS6 floorstanders) will also produce high bass levels.

If you do choose the MT-30 or the M.A Radius packages, you could move the sub as far from the connecting wall as possible, this may make it less audible for your neighbour than a traditional package......'May' being the operative word.

Messiah

I would agree with Chris in that with the style package you could locate the sub away from the connecting wall.

I have just bought some Monitor Audio Radius 90HD and have been running them as fronts for a few days to loosen them up. I think you would be impressed with their ability. They sound is not a million miles away from my RS1's although the bass is nowhere near as good (as is expected). But when used with a sub the overall sound is very good.

I have also read a review of a 'budget' set up where they chose the R90HD's as main speakers in a stereo set up and they were well received!

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys i will have to demo them. the only place i can put the sub other than the wall next to the connecting wall is to either right or left of the suite under where my rears will be going. Woud it it work in that position??

TRENDING THREADS