B&W MT-25 vs MA Radius 250HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have decided to upgrade from Bose Accoustimas 15 (had for several years) and finally seen the light. Its in quite a large bedroom, and I was wondering what peoples opinions were on the B&W MT-25 vs MA Radius 250HD setup ?

I play quite a lot of music / odd DVD, but mainly have them on playing with sky hd connected to a yamaha rx-v1900. I know the MT-30's with added sub seem to get a good write up, but i can pick up a second hand MT-25 for the £500 quid mark so am wondering if the MA's are woth the extra cash for.

Thanks,

Ian

A

Anonymous

Ian,

£500.00 for the MT-25 package seems a bargain to me, is this just the sub or the full 5.1 System?

I would suggest that if the the price gap is not so large, the MA's would be the way to go as Yamaha Amps, mix really well with MA speakers. You may want to look at the 225HD's though, they are slightly cheaper and have the same number of drivers than the 250HD. The main differences is a larger case to match the height of the new 50" plasma's and an additional front port to take the base down from 55Hz to 50Hz.

I am just about to buy a RXV-1065 to match some MA RX speakers.

I would agree with markjaspi
emotion-21.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
illoyd21:
Hi,

I have decided to upgrade from Bose Accoustimas 15 (had for several years) and finally seen the light. Its in quite a large bedroom, and I was wondering what peoples opinions were on the B&W MT-25 vs MA Radius 250HD setup ?

I play quite a lot of music / odd DVD, but mainly have them on playing with sky hd connected to a yamaha rx-v1900. I know the MT-30's with added sub seem to get a good write up, but i can pick up a second hand MT-25 for the £500 quid mark so am wondering if the MA's are woth the extra cash for.

Thanks,

Ian

For a bedroom, the B&Ws for £500 is plenty good enough. The MA set up is better for sure but it would cost a lot more and it's your bedroom!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts