MA Radius R270/250HD crossover advice

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm after your experience, thoughts & advice please!

I've just upgraded my Monitor Audio Radius HD set-up. I used to have the Radius One LCR (a type of amp-less soundbar) with R90HD rears and R370HD sub. As the frequency range was fairly high on the Radius One (on average across the front 3 speakers), I used to set the crossover at 80hz. I've now swapped the Radius One for R270HD compact floorstanders for the L&R channels and a R250HD for central duties.

According to the Radius manual, the R270HD's go down to 48hz and the R250HD centre goes down to 50hz. I've set them up this evening & changed the crossover to 50hz on the receiver.

Just wondering what crossover you'd recommend and perhaps the pros & cons of each option.

i still have some further tweaking to go yet. I've ordered some Auralex mo-pads to angle the centre speaker upwards and hopefully keep resonance through the cabinet to a minimum. I also got another pair of R90HD's for front-height duties, but need to source the cables & sheathing to hide it all, but I'm getting there...slowly!

Thanks to Sevenoaks Hifi in Guildford who helped me out with a truly excellent price! The staff told me that Monitor Audio are due to update the Radius range, hence the quantity of cracking deals about at the moment. I can't praise the Radius range highly enough. I admit to being a die-hard Monitor Audio fan having bought some R252's over 25 years ago for my first hifi set-up, but the Radius range goes well beyond what I thought was possible for such a compact system and to my ears at least provide a perfect balance on the "warm"/"forward & fast" scale with my receiver. I'm extremely content with this system and can't see my upgrading further until something explodes, which I'm hoping will be later rather than sooner!

Anyway I'll stop drivelling on about them...over to you guys for the crossover help if I may.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion BigBoss. The settings I chose yesterday did seem to lose a bit of the attack I was used to, so I'll give that a try today.

I had a feeling I could rely on you for some help on this one! Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts